Author Topic: Cabo bound  (Read 3009 times)

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
Cabo bound
« on: September 13, 2018, 04:59:45 PM »
Heading to Cabo this Saturday, staying for a week. Thunderstorms are forecasted for our arrival and for another 3-4 days after that  >:(  Will try to make the best of it. Bringing the gear pictured along with the appropriate rods. I plan to shark fish too. Hoping for a solid very south of the border grinner. I need to get away, just got laid off as our company's clinical trials went totally south :'( Everyone is gone!! By far my most favorite job and boss to work for. Very tough to say goodbye. Job hunt will commence when I return. 

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Fish Jerk

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Cabo bound
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 05:32:38 PM »
Good luck on both fronts.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 09:07:05 PM »
Dang, Mike, have a great trip, and good luck on finding a new gig.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 09:31:43 PM »
Damn boss. So sorry.
I hope your vacation at least takes that sting out after you catch a 65# surf rooster!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

skrilla

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 07:34:04 AM »
Good luck and let loose!  8)

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 09:07:11 PM »
Have fun down there! Think about work when you get back. You won't be out of a job for long, unless you want to be.  ;)
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 10:17:04 PM »
Thanks for the words of encouragement guys! Had a phone interview and it went pretty well. Fingers crossed! As for Cabo, just hoping the storm let's up enough so I can fish.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2018, 02:20:24 PM »
Have fun down there! Think about work when you get back. You won't be out of a job for long, unless you want to be.  ;)

X2............
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Kam_Walsh98

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2018, 09:17:44 PM »
Good luck on both your trip and on the job hunt Mike. Feel free to hit me up to fish anytime once you're back; I just got back from AK and am looking to head back out again.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2018, 08:57:40 PM »
Ugh. When it rains it pours :( Thunderstorms upon arrival. 2 days of solid rain that didn't rain straight up and down, it was sideways and stung on occasions. After the rains, it was 2 days of solid 15-20kt winds. Water rolled. Then I got food poisoning 3 days in. That was an awesome feeling. Stomach convulsions and liquid rocketing out of both ends. Finally fished Friday morning, 1 day before checkout. Too weak to stay longer than 2hrs. Sun was blazing too. Mid 90's. Busted out the perch rod and slayed the palm sized critters ::) Kept a few for the night soak. Had 8 hits that night at 1am, 2 being rippers. Bait was dropped, but crushed. I'm guessing a ray?? That was all she wrote. Not a stellar trip at all, but prior to getting sick, it was great quality time with the fam swimming in the pool in between the storm and lightning. Will post pics when I'm up to it. Time to find a job and soak some macks. 
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2018, 06:12:04 AM »
Ugh. When it rains it pours :( Thunderstorms upon arrival. 2 days of solid rain that didn't rain straight up and down, it was sideways and stung on occasions. After the rains, it was 2 days of solid 15-20kt winds. Water rolled. Then I got food poisoning 3 days in. That was an awesome feeling. Stomach convulsions and liquid rocketing out of both ends. Finally fished Friday morning, 1 day before checkout. Too weak to stay longer than 2hrs. Sun was blazing too. Mid 90's. Busted out the perch rod and slayed the palm sized critters ::) Kept a few for the night soak. Had 8 hits that night at 1am, 2 being rippers. Bait was dropped, but crushed. I'm guessing a ray?? That was all she wrote. Not a stellar trip at all, but prior to getting sick, it was great quality time with the fam swimming in the pool in between the storm and lightning. Will post pics when I'm up to it. Time to find a job and soak some macks.

Holy smoke's Mike!  That sounds like a tough trip to say the least! Jeez... but at least you had some fun family time out there.  What small critters did you keep for bait? Hawkfish? Chopped Cornetfish?

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2018, 07:23:28 PM »
Sorry to hear about the stomach bug..did you drink the tap water? When your feeling up to it, hit me up so I can get to 20 sharks before the end of 2018.  ;)
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2018, 05:43:18 AM »
..did you drink the tap water? When your feeling up to it, hit me up so I can get to 20 sharks before the end of 2018.

Wow!  That was a Rasta move right there!  LOL

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2018, 10:51:32 AM »
Sorry to hear about the stomach bug..did you drink the tap water? When your feeling up to it, hit me up so I can get to 20 sharks before the end of 2018.  ;)

This Thursday.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)