Author Topic: Pre-Poker Warm-Ups (9/15)  (Read 1607 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Pre-Poker Warm-Ups (9/15)
« on: September 16, 2018, 05:49:31 PM »
I had a poker game up at my buddies house in Temecula Saturday afternoon-evening and said there was some news to share.  I figured I haven't fished for 3 weeks except for the last catfish trip which was painful after the accident.

I got down to the bay and planned on just casting the shoreline to see how my back holds up.  It was first light and the entire shoreline was shimmering with "wiggles with eyes".  Bait so small, I wasn't sure what they were.  There was lot's of boils and I started casting the 3.5" MC on a 3/8 oz lead head to see what I can see.

I caught 2 macks and 2 bass before I was thinking about giving it up.  I moved to some shallower "grassy" water to see if anything was hiding in there.  It turns out, that's where most of the bass were hiding.

I ended the 2 hour session with 2 mackerel, 7 bass (9-11 inches) and a sportsman's released flap jack.  TheBayfair crowd started to really show up and that was that.  I can't complain as I caught some fish besides stretching my back out pretty good.  It was a little painful, but much better than before.

As for poker, I broke even.  I did have the most incredible no look hand.  I never looked at my two cards and 4 hearts were showing on the table.  I kept matching the bets as I was hoping I would have a heart in hand and at minimum, split the pot with a flush...  NOPE!  A NO LOOK 4 of a KIND!!!! Four 7's!  That was best part of the night.  My buddy shared some pretty sad news and I have to say that all of my problems are really nothing in the grand scheme of things.  He was just stoked to have all of his buds there.

Well thanks for reading and it's the right time of year to have the sharks start snappin!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: Pre-Poker Warm-Ups (9/15)
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 03:33:32 AM »
9 fish in two hours, breaking even on poker plus your back feels better...........sounds like a win win.  Bummer about your buddy, I've had more than my share of bad news in the last 12 months.  Respect, Verne
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 05:22:49 PM by vdisney »
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 09:56:06 AM »
Hopefully your buddy's bad news improves tremendously! Solid little sesh.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 01:08:28 PM »
The great thing about life is that no matter how bad you have it, someone else has it worse.
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 02:23:27 PM »
The great thing about life is that no matter how bad you have it, someone else has it worse.

Doesn’t sound so great for the other guy.