Author Topic: Saturday night skunk fest..  (Read 1931 times)

FISH86R

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Saturday night skunk fest..
« on: November 05, 2018, 08:19:14 PM »
Shot out to the spot that's been paying off so well.. All the conditions were perfect... Peak high tide, 1-2' surf, not a weed in sight.. Took my buddy and his 11 year old son with us.. I ended up with a few pull downs with no hook up so I decided to switch over to a J hook rig and kept on with pull down after pull down and a couple of what felt like short strikes.. My buddy kept hooking into something that seemed to pull the hook in the shallows every freaken time.. I'm wondering if it might have been eels?? Maybe somebody could shine some light on it..?? His boy (of course) put a key chain Leo on the sand.. I really wanted to see him land something rediculous.. This session has left me with a huge case of the "what if's" though.. Whatevs..

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Saturday night skunk fest..
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 05:53:49 AM »
Sounds like rays or even sharks will bring the baits closer in at times without pulling on the line.  It's like they pick up the baits and just run in.
Eels would stay right where they are.  They will grab the bait and back up into their hole every once in a while tugging the line trying to get the leader deeper into the rocks.  It's bound to go off here as we have a small swell for the next two weeks and the tides look just right!

Excellent work getting out there, as I'm just waiting for one of us to have a wide open shark bite soon!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

FISH86R

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 07:32:08 AM »
Ya.. I'm really thinking I'm gonna have to upgrade my reel here soon if that's the game they're wanting to play..

lamnidae

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 08:26:55 PM »
Good try. It has to go off soon. I'm going to try again this weekend.

FISH86R

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 07:37:17 AM »
I think come Thanksgiving holiday I'm just gonna do the fish nazi thing and just sleep out of my car and fish while the wife and baby are gone in Texas..