Author Topic: Boys Weekend (11/9-11/10)  (Read 3582 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Boys Weekend (11/9-11/10)
« on: November 13, 2018, 04:51:30 PM »
So our buddy with the RV cancelled on us, so we tried to come up with another plan.  No one wanted to spend the time pitching a tent or breaking it down at the end of the trip, so we went one step up.  I saw that a Teepee was still up for rent and we decided to Teepee it with lots of great food and spirits!

We started in right away with some KILLER steaks and an awesome bottle of red!  The Cheesits were just a great little snack while the steaks were grilling.

I almost fell over when I saw how much Craig paid just for that wine and those steaks! 

Way too much booze was consumed and way too much mixing.  It made for a great night, but an all day hangover the next day.  Pretty cool camping though!

I heard they were going to drain the lake and bring the level down 30 feet to do some dam repair, and by the looks of those bubbles, the draining has commenced!

We fished a good part of the day, but couldn't get any bass or Red Ear to commit.  It was friggand windy as hell, so finding a quiet spot on the lake was tough to come by.  I was also a little bummed that I had to drive my boat home that night night since they didn't have any parking for me.  I'm glad I'm only 15 minutes away, but it still sucked at 10pm.

We docked at the ramp and shot over for some dinner.  Bluefin tuna collar and Bluefin Steaks were on the menu!  So Good.... even though I was still having a hard time trying to get anything down as my hangover was ruthless.  Not a cheap drink hangover, but a big one, just like the bottle of Justin we opened last night!  LOL

We hit one of the go-to spots on the lake at night and I just spanked the catfish!  Sam did end up with 2 or 3 and Craig got skunked.  They didn't want to cast too close to the snags (where you wanted to be) so was always a little out of the zone.  I kept my 5 and released the rest as my freezer was filled with cats and I was just going to give them my fish.

I told them that they have to clean them if they want to eat them!  LOL

Big cat was 6#.  I got him on the bass gear also (8#) so it was a great little fight.

While they filleted fish, I whopped up breakfast with all of the leftovers.

Wrapped it in a burrito and Bam!  Great start to the morning!  The lake was still draining and you could actually see the level went down slightly.

Well that was it.  Two great days camping with the boys and we didn't have to break down a tent.  The only thing about the Teepee was that big hole in the middle.  It got damn cold inside when the temps dropped into the low 40's!  hahahaha

Well, thanks for reading!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Boys Weekend (11/9-11/10)
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 05:02:17 PM »
 Teepee looks cool.

Bummed I had to turn around. I was going to set up and lock down the cat zone.

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 01:11:58 PM »
What lake was that?
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 01:13:21 PM »
You can't catch them from your computer chair.