Author Topic: Bait run....  (Read 1722 times)

FISH86R

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Bait run....
« on: November 23, 2018, 07:58:18 AM »

Headed out after all the festivities on a mission for bait... Super slow bite.. But they were there..

Ended up to be a really peaceful night though.. There's something nice about a pier when there's nobody on it but yourself.. Stayed a couple hours and called it a night... Happy late Thanksgiving...

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
Re: Bait run....
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 06:00:28 PM »
Nice! Fresh is best!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 08:28:28 AM »
Nice indeed, one of these days I'm gonna have to try the pier for macs.  The times I've been light rodding and every cast was a unwanted mackerel I had no way to bring them home     :(
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 11:52:52 AM »
Yep...  I love fresh macks as bait.  Seems to catch everything out there to be caught.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

FISH86R

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 01:34:15 PM »
Nice indeed, one of these days I'm gonna have to try the pier for macs.  The times I've been light rodding and every cast was a unwanted mackerel I had no way to bring them home     :(

I've kinda just been rolling with the gallon size Ziploc bags just in case I run into that kinda situation.. Hitting a pier to me is the best bet.. I had some hobo guy at the seal beach pier show me how to smash on them.. He would catch'em all night and then sell them to the local bait shop for his beer money.. That fool stayed drunk.. Hahaha..