Author Topic: Afternoon Flattys 12/1 & 12/2/18  (Read 2678 times)

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Afternoon Flattys 12/1 & 12/2/18
« on: December 04, 2018, 08:48:10 AM »
Took pops out Saturday afternoon to see how the post-storm bite was. Got there lil after 1 and fished til sunset. Bite was on from the 1st cast we started slayin the bass. Bit or hooked up on every cast for the 1st hour and a half.

Bite slowed as we finished our 2nd drift. So we reset and picked em off through the 1st 2/3rds of our drift. Pops says lemme get one of them zman grubz I was slayin em on last week. Told him to put a heavier jig head on to weed out the dinks. Wish I hadn't told him that lmao he stuck 2 chunky definitely legal grumpy bass back to back and then gets crushed by the right kine! His Berkley lightning rod was seriously bendo and I see his line fly off his diawa baitcaster and knew he was in for a battle! After a few runs I see deep color and the tell tail white mouth open headshakin, doormat pops! Grab the gaff, he swims her along side the boat and I go for the stick, hit her hard right in the head but got all gill plate and she didnt like any of that lol!  She shoots back down pi$$ed off and not wanting anymore of the gaff! After a lil back and forth he gets her back up and I sink the gaff right behind her head! After a few high fives and hugs, we get her in the well! Made a few more drifts tryin to one up my pops, Caught a few dozen more bass b4 the sun dipped and we did the same.

Been a few decades since my pops got a legit doormat, though his pb is almost 3 times this big (38lbs from MB in '84) he was stoked to out fish me and put some meat in the freezer! Ended the day with about 85 bass between us pretty much even split and my pops' Hali.

My bro was hella jealous he couldn't get out with us so I took him and his buddy Josh out after church on Sunday. Launched lil after 130 and went str8 back to the AO from the day b4. We started off sticking em right away again. Lots of doubles on grumpies and my bro got a 15" hali within the 1st 30mins. We made 3 passes through the zone b4 we switched it up and went a lil further towards the deeper water. We targeted the ledges between 16-22' lookin for bigger spots, maybe a sandy and of course HalleBerry ;) my bro was the 1st one to get the right bite, but it turned out to be the grumpiest bass of the day.

We all caught a few that were round legal size b4 we reset the drift and continued to put spots on the boat for 2 more passes through the zone. As the tide peaked and the sun started to get low we made one last reset on the drift we started out on and after my bro and His buddy doubled up I made a long cast and said alright boys, we're jus about out of time. They started to get $hit put away and get ready to dip back to the dock. I get slammed half way back to the boat but some how it missed the hook. They're like one last cast? Of course I can't leave after a solid bite so we all make one last cast. I get absolutely demolished 3 cranks in, as soon as I layed into this fish I knew it was her! They're both like no phukin way! Seriously! Yeeeeppp it's her boys get the stick! My bro grabs the gaff, but when we get color I'm not sure shes gaff worthy, grab the net bro jus to be safe, he scoops her up and sure enough shes a solid keeper! Not as big as my pops' from the day b4 but I'll take it!

Nothing like some booty and a gorgeous sunset 😎

Back to back 80+ fish days and legal flattys, not a bad way to spend the weekend 😊

Rastafar-gone B-)<==*~~
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 12:34:13 PM by j.rasta »

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
Re: Afternoon Flattys 12/1 & 12/2/18
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 12:38:18 PM »
Congrats on the nice session...Josh! You got the hali bite dialed in on the bay.
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 02:46:39 PM »
Congrats on the nice session...Josh! You got the hali bite dialed in on the bay.

Damn! Was gonna say the same thing, but add in a comment about him keeping his shirt on. Hahahaha!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 05:59:03 AM »
Dave would be so proud seeing you pound that blade bait.  Nicely done again Rasta.  Next rough water on the big pond and I'll have to head out to a "Specific" area I was looking to try.  I'll bring a few blades with me just in case.   ;D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 06:50:57 AM »

Grassy @$$ I feel like I've put the time in, and my efforts are being rewarded, or I'm jus a lucky mofo and keep finding the needle in the haystack ;)

Damn! Was gonna say the same thing, but add in a comment about him keeping his shirt on. Hahahaha!

:-*

Dave would be so proud seeing you pound that blade bait.  Nicely done again Rasta.  Next rough water on the big pond and I'll have to head out to a "Specific" area I was looking to try.  I'll bring a few blades with me just in case.   ;D

My pops and bro are takin their church friend out on Saturday, lemme know if you want me to put the 1st legal hali on your boat  8)

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 09:40:27 AM »

My pops and bro are takin their church friend out on Saturday, lemme know if you want me to put the 1st legal hali on your boat  8)

And so it begins... hahaha!!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 12:56:13 PM »
The Curmudgeon is already a vet for legals.  \m/  8) \m/
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 04:53:13 PM »
The Curmudgeon is already a vet for legals.  \m/  8) \m/

My bad lemme know if you want me to put the 2ND legal hali in your boat 😆😝🎣🍑🐟