Author Topic: I feel like I'm Cheating (12/22)  (Read 1588 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
I feel like I'm Cheating (12/22)
« on: December 22, 2018, 09:10:24 PM »
So, the new motor is installed, but I have not been able to test it since my prop would hit the trailer when deployed.  I was hoping to fish today, but I saw thick fog and Friday morning fog was horrible.  It didn't help that I was a little hung over, so I slept in and never got the boat prepped.  I grabbed some coffee and started watching MLF bass fishing when I checked the surf cams and was like WHAT!?!?  Sunny and no fog!  I decided that I would go out and at least test the motor, so I drummed up the energy to get stuff in the boat and run to the bay. New gear was going to be my main quiver today.

I launched the boat around 9:30 and was way behind my schedule.  First thing was first.... The motor and Spot Lock feature worked perfectly!  I stopped on some small areas with fish and hit the spot lock and just crushed the bass!  It was so cool to be able to fish over them without drifting or anchoring and it gave me easily 4-5X the fishing time.

In 2-1/4 hours, I caught 23 Calico and 6 Turd Rollers.

They all ranged from 12-21 inches.  The average was probably 15-16 inches, but there were a few beauties in the mix.

At one point I made 15 casts and got 15 bass!

I lost as many as I caught and broke off on some bigger models that inhaled the bait on the hookset.  There were quite a few bigger models in the mix.

My arm was beat and I was over joyed from all of the quality bass I caught.

I headed in after a super short session since I had another party to attend tonight.  On the wy in, I stopped to make a cast for a cool 30 bass and the SoCal Bass Slam!  Mission Accomplished!

I forgot, I also had 2 bonito which flew off the hook trying to bounce them.

All in all another great day on the big pond, and I have a real Game Changed on the boat now!

Until next tide!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: I feel like I'm Cheating (12/22)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 05:39:38 AM »
59 bass?  No wonder you use one of those baseball clickers Tom, glad your new toy is working out   8)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: I feel like I'm Cheating (12/22)
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 04:28:07 PM »
59 bass?  No wonder you use one of those baseball clickers Tom, glad your new toy is working out   8)

Pretty sure he meant bass number 30. Not thirty more.

I would have heard about it today if it was the other way around.