Author Topic: New Year same results 1/1-1/4-1/10/19  (Read 2203 times)

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
New Year same results 1/1-1/4-1/10/19
« on: January 11, 2019, 09:13:56 AM »
New Year same grind. Surfs been damn near unfishable when I've had the time to go. Hit the bay on the 1st to break in the new license. Pops and I took my cousin out for his post bday sesh. Bass bit thru the tide swing. Put over 90 in the boat. I easily put 45 in myself. And the 1st booty of the 2019.

My birthday was last Thurs. so I took Friday the 4th off since it was my Bros last day of Xmas break. Started out slow since we launched around slack tide. 45mins after the tide started goin out we started the slayage. Put over 100 in the boat between us almost an even split. My bro might have got a half dozen more than I did. But I put the booty twins in the boat so all was good!

Bday bootys the best!

Took my buddy and his wifey out after I got off at lunch yesterday and we were in the water round noon. They were stoked to not have to rock hop and actually catch more than a few fish. Told em we'd have to weed thru 80-100 spottys to find a hali or two. No bull$#it, 3rd cast I get that familiar chomp chomp dead weight. Thats not a bass...1st fish of the day hali lol.

20"er cpr'd

We caught 20 spottys or so between us 1st drift. Reset lil further south. No bull$#it 1st cast on the new drift. Soon as it hit the bottom I saw my line jump and instantly flipped the bail and cranked down on dead weight. Thats her bro! No f@ckin way! Yep! Hali-berry.

23"

I boat flipped her since I wasn't quite sure she was legal in the agua. Check the mark on the boat and I asked my buddy if he wanted her. He said is she worth killin? I said she'd feed 2 or 3 and they were kinda unsure on if it was worth it and we sent her back to get bigger. I jokingly said I'll get a bigger one b4 we're done ;) we kept on the drift and caught a dozen bass between us and my buddy got a 15" flapjack hali right b4 we had to reset. We Made a few more drifts for 30 more bass and we set up on what would be our last drift round 345. Started out a lil slow with only a few fish between us until we got bout 1/3 of the way thru the drift and we started gettin more fish to commit. After the 3rd double hook up I make a long cast with the wind and half way back to the boat I get crushed. Hard head shakes. Drag rip dead weight. Ok that's her bro! Seriously!?!? Yep! He grabs his lippers and I told him nah get the gaff! Really she that big? Shes big brah! I've never done this b4! You're gonna learn today! She wasn't wanting to show herself for a few mins. Then that Brown blob started getting more definition and you could definitely tell she was very legal! Made a few runs around the front of the ranger and I guided her right to him and he sunk the gaff perfectly! He actually spined her and she was half paralyzed lol damn I'm a good teacher lol

29.75" booty #3

Caught a few more bass and called it a day. Even though it was a lil slow we still managed 60+ bass and 2 legal and 2 short halis. Not a bad start to the year so far.

Rastafar-gone B-)<==*~~

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: New Year same results 1/1-1/4-1/10/19
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 10:04:55 AM »
Nice Josh!
Maybe you should try a new pose for 2019?  ;)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 01:14:25 PM »
Happy Birthday Josh 
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 08:54:56 AM »
Happy Birthday Josh

Thabks Verne! Getting old sucks 😉

Nice Josh!
Maybe you should try a new pose for 2019?  ;)

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 12:13:30 PM »
At least you kept your shirt on! Hahaha. You're having a hali of a start to the new year.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 09:04:38 AM »
Mr Butt Man!

Nice Josh!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.