Author Topic: A different world  (Read 1834 times)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
A different world
« on: January 23, 2019, 06:27:22 AM »
Me and Denny took a run to the 'grounds' yesterday around 2:30, hoping to play with the toothy critters.  What we found was a different world completely, the storms have destroyed the area.  Enough sand had been moved off the beach to fill the area, even 50 or 60 yards out the water was only about 12" deep.  This beach backs up to a rock wall, but the high sand we used to fish off of is gone.  Now at a low tide it's knee deep at the limit of my casting range, and even at a moderately higher tide (1.5) you'd have to be knee deep in water to even be on the beach.  Between paying my cousin $100 to stay with my parents, buying bait and driving over a hundred mile round trip we shook our heads and turned around.  Ended up fishing local, at least Denny beat the skunk..........

Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: A different world
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 06:34:35 AM »
We usually lose sand in the water after storms getting better dropoffs. In the summer it gets like what you are seeing. Now we know where it goes.

That sucks Verne.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 06:48:47 AM »
Well Damn Verne.  I feel that pain, but glad to see Denny catch something!  Damn, he's getting big!  I swear I just saw pics of him lately and didn't look like that!  hahaha
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

SevengillTheVC

• Leopard
  • I don't always catch fish, but when I do....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 07:46:24 AM »
You could try from the rocks when that beach is like that ;D! Glad you guys got some action though!

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 11:09:31 AM »
That's a bummer Verne!  I hope it goes back to normal soon!