Author Topic: Buzzer Beater - 1/24/19  (Read 1941 times)

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Buzzer Beater - 1/24/19
« on: January 25, 2019, 10:41:05 AM »
Andre made the long drive up to VC to meet me at a new spot I’ve been wanting to try.  We got there at low tide and what looked great on the high tide was now snag city.  We soaked one rod each for a half hour before deciding to make a move.  Of course I broke off and lost a rig  :(

We made a move to a new spot that we weren’t real hopeful about, but it was the only fishable spot near by.  We put out 2 rods each.  Longcast Joe showed up and fished awhile too.  After about 3 hour, I had no action but Andre had a couple pull downs.  The tide was coming in fast and we were running out of sand.  I was moving some of our gear up on the rocks as we started packing up when Andre yelled that my rod was bouncing. As I picked it up it went slack in typical sevengill manner.  Reeled in the slack, set the hook, fish on!

After a short fight Andre beached this pretty 72” female.  She spit out a bunch of mac chunks on the sand as we pulled her up, so she was the one stealing our bait!

Stats for Tom:
Female Sevengill
72" long
High Tide
Mac head

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Buzzer Beater - 1/24/19
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 12:47:15 PM »
Running up the List!  Come on Chad!  I'm rooting for you to hit 20 sharks before Binh can get there!  Put the pressure him!

Congrats!

Where was Dre's 7-Gill????
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 12:55:34 PM »
Running up the List!  Come on Chad!  I'm rooting for you to hit 20 sharks before Binh can get there!  Put the pressure him!

Congrats!

Where was Dre's 7-Gill????

Thanks Tom!

Dre decided to release his sharks 30 yards out so they'd be less stressed  ;)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 01:51:05 PM »
Right on my man, I couldn't believe you were still on that beach at a 3 foot tide.  My guess was it would be unfishable by a 2 foot tide, may have to rethink my plans    ;)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 02:51:14 PM »
That’s great, Chad.

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019, 09:42:31 PM »
Congrats...Chad. maybe some break in the conditions down here will give us a chance to make up some ground.
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)