Author Topic: Favorite Jig Stick Blanks?  (Read 16230 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Favorite Jig Stick Blanks?
« on: February 03, 2015, 08:36:14 AM »
Hey, I'm considering getting an 8' blank to make a proper jig stick for tossing Tady45's to Salas 6X's.  What is your favorite blank for this type of fishing?  I'm just trying to gather ideas first as I do have something in mind, but I would like to get more input.

Thanks in advance.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Chris

• Leopard
  • Put me in coach!
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Jig Stick Blanks?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 02:20:02 PM »
Some people really like old school style glass blanks, some are obsessed with the new high modulus graphite rods. I've had a rainshadow RCLB80M for almost 5 years and have no complaints. I have an 8ft glass sabre rod that is a bit slower and easier on the body but limited to 30lb line. I fish 30-40 on the rainshadow for tossing lures and have bumped up to 50lb on an avet HXW for trolling out of a skiff and have comfortably pushed the drag up to 18lbs with no issues.
Keep it tight

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 02:33:41 PM »
Thanks Chris.  I think I'm going with the Rainshadow RCLB810M.  I talked to a few people and for the irons I'll throw and how I will use it for my style of live bait fishing, it seems to be the ticket.  The 8 foot looks great too, but after weighing some conversations out, I think I like this model the best.

skrilla

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 05:01:05 PM »
The Rainshadow RCLB blanks are winners for sure. FYI the 810 and 79 RCLB models have a tad thinner taper than the 70 and 80 models in case that effects any decision for you.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 05:18:13 PM by skrilla »

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 06:21:57 PM »
Pm sent, Len.  8)