Author Topic: Tuesday Night Crickets (3/12)  (Read 2057 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Tuesday Night Crickets (3/12)
« on: March 14, 2019, 06:15:33 AM »
Man, spending the extra hour waiting for dark has made things a bit tougher by spending time at the bar waiting.  We finally got down to the surf to see mixed conditions.  Some baseball sized grass and kelp floating around.  A strong downhill current.  20mph whipping winds from the SW and murky water.

We fished the SSK for about 3 hours and called it quits with only a few little bites and missing baits to talk about.  Otherwise, it has been slower than it's been in the last few months.

On the drive home, I see cars all skidding to a stop on the freeway and swerving all over.  I see a bunch of salmon colored stuff bouncing and flying all over the freeway and swerved to drive between the cars that just screeched to a stop on the freeway.  As I went in-between them a HUGE roll of bouncing attic insulation appeared in front of me and POOF!  I hit it and blew that big roll up to a thousands pieces flying all over the freeway!  There's never a dull moment on SoCal freeways..

I was picking insulation out of my grill and undercarriage for an hour yesterday...  LOL

Well, until next tide!  (I fell asleep after dinner yesterday and never got the shark list updated... tonight I'll be busy, but it will be up by the weekend)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday Night Crickets (3/12)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 10:20:31 AM »
It was on the border of fishable, that's for sure.

SevengillTheVC

• Leopard
  • I don't always catch fish, but when I do....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 02:51:51 PM »
Bout time you guys struck out  ;D! I’m sure next Tuesday will be another multi grinner report!

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 02:54:03 PM »
We tried a pre daylight trip this morning, absolutely perfect conditions. Only problem.....no fish.
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 04:47:27 PM »
Bout time you guys struck out  ;D! I’m sure next Tuesday will be another multi grinner report!

Sure hope so.

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 09:42:38 PM »
Its either insulation or dry wall on the fwy..