Author Topic: The Birthday B's (2/22)  (Read 2028 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
The Birthday B's (2/22)
« on: February 23, 2019, 08:14:58 AM »
I got the day off for my typical birthday fishing trip.  Unfortunately, the seas were pretty rough and the winds were supposed to blow over 20 knots by noon.  This just meant that I was bay fishing...
I couldn't set the boat up the night before because of the rain/sleet/hail that was happening almost all evening.

Steve had the day off and brought the SNBF-XII shirts down, so I'll start packing them for shipment this weekend.  In the meantime, I got up early and cleared off all the frozen stuff from the tarp and prepped the boat.

We got down to the bay with not a single trailer at the ramp.  Our first stop produced 30 bass in a little over an hour.  The cool thing was 95% of the bass were decent sized bass and not pee-pee bass you usually get back there.

We made a few moves just for the hell of it and continued catching nice grade of bass.  Most were in the 11"-13" range.  Even the small ones were bigger than what we usually find out here.

Steve finally gets on the board with a flatty!  Probably 18-19" fish, but good to know they are there!

We tried a few other spots and kept getting the numbers on the clicker to go up.

We finally called it quits as I wanted to be done by 12:30 so i could enjoy the rest of my day.  We could of hit 100, but stopped at 94 since time ran out first.

It was a fun Birthday Trip and well worth it as plan B was to trout fish Lake Jennings... That's 94 more fish than we would have caught there.  LOL

Thanks for reading and until next tide!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: The Birthday B's (2/22)
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 10:49:52 AM »
Fun day. Nicer weather than I expected.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 05:42:30 AM »
We could of hit 100, but stopped at 94 since time ran out first.

One more time, you guys are on your game.  I'm assuming it was your birthday Tom, if so..........HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY MAN   :)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 10:19:01 AM »
We could of hit 100, but stopped at 94 since time ran out first.

One more time, you guys are on your game.  I'm assuming it was your birthday Tom, if so..........HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY MAN   :)

It is.  Thanks Boss!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 10:36:47 AM »
Happy belated Tom!  Fishing on your birthday is the best way to spend it!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)