Author Topic: Back Pain and MONSTER Back Pain (2/3)  (Read 5519 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Back Pain and MONSTER Back Pain (2/3)
« on: February 04, 2015, 12:49:47 PM »
Well, I have not seen the bay in 3 weeks and I had some emergency spinal injections to try and lessen the inflammation and sciatic pain.  I was just going to go home after the procedure, but Squatch called and said there was some batting practice going down at the bay. The wife wasn't thrilled, but she understood and off I went!

Josh was on his way down way before I got out of the procedure and saw the Prehistoric Soul sticker on a mini-van!  Sweet?  Does anyone know this person?

I met up with Dave, Squatch, Sticks and Josh.  It looked like a mini bat fight was already going on!  I got down to see Dave (WMB) reeling in a big fatty!

Man, I lost count, but they beached about 15 bats (probably 8 miscellaneous sharks and such) and busted off at least 4 more BIG one's including no less than 50 bait stealers!

Here is some of the excitement before Dave WOWWWWWWWWED us all with the biggest I've seen from the bay.

Josh was really busy playing Sand Hand and probably lost 4 fish from landing everyone else's.

Josh got his share too.

Sticks got a few nice ones.

Steve got c*ck blocked as the tide filled in, but still heard the sirens calling his name.

Sticks said "What a cute little bat, Squatch".   ;D

Sticks with another nice one!

Then it happened.  Dave hooked into that freight train and you just KNEW this was a big fish.  Dave probably fought it for 30 minutes and it was not giving his Torium any relied with the drag buttoned down.

He got this beast to the sand and while we were measuring it had some lady screaming at us to "LET IT GO!  PUT IT BACK!"  The dumb little fat bitch even had the gaul to come down and lie in front of our faces.  The 5 of us definitely combined weigh over 1000 pounds, and this lady came down by here self in the dark to teach us a lesson.  Josh and Squatch were not having it, but she hiked up her belly fat and ran with her turkey waddle between her tail.  Now back to the fish...

With a proper measurement over the back it came out to 56.5".  This was personally my biggest that I've seen out of the bay and she was a BEAST!

Well done brother!  Hopefully you can replicate this catch on the night of the Bat Fight!  WOW!

Dave lost another bruiser and we were out of there.

For me, it was just awesome to get back down to the water.  I'm feeling much better today and will hopefully get out to do a little fishing.

Thanks for reading and well done Bat Bros!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Jaws

• Mud Marlin
  • Bitten by the shark bug!
    • View Profile
    • Sharkbite Photography
Re: Back Pain and MONSTER Back Pain (2/3)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 01:11:40 PM »
Very Nice!!!!!!!!!!

That spot is pure gold!

WTG Dave!

Anyone up to hit that same spot again tonight?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 01:16:43 PM by Jaws »
It's all Tom and Don's fault! They "hooked" me on mud marlins and sharks!

SNBF VI  Winner

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 01:22:57 PM »
Very nice to see the Bat Cave come alive  8)

Reiner

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 01:29:18 PM »
those a some good numbers. Hope your back heels up. Siatica is no joke. I had it about 4 years ago and couldn't really play any sports for 18 month. Even now I have to stretch my back extensively before and after I play or I feel it right away again the next day.

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 02:00:17 PM »
Great to see you out there TOM!

Man - that was some stellar fishing. All the action, hoots, hollers, rods bouncing ... too much fun!  :P :P

The big girl was just icing on a great evening. Still sore and owe Josh a beer for the assist landing that sucker. Man that bat was thick!!! Super stoked to catch that with you guys.
 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Oh, and the other big girl storming down to waters edge, to bark at 5 rather large fisherman ... she had a set for sure  ;D ;D ;D

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 02:13:05 PM »
Great to see you out there TOM!

Man - that was some stellar fishing. All the action, hoots, hollers, rods bouncing ... too much fun!  :P :P

The big girl was just icing on a great evening. Still sore and owe Josh a beer for the assist landing that sucker. Man that bat was thick!!! Super stoked to catch that with you guys.
 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Oh, and the other big girl storming down to waters edge, to bark at 5 rather large fisherman ... she had a set for sure  ;D ;D ;D

Epicness personified last night! Dave was en fuego last night!

Tom u definitely brought some good MOJO down to the spot last night. It's a good thing I was there to land that thing idk if anyone else could have done it without needing a day off! LMFAO!

Congrats again Dave and good seeing everyone out there!

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 02:38:11 PM »
 I was getting a little pissed off at missing fish, then the let it go lady showed up. Well, I let it go, but not the fish. Actually let about half of it go, but she got the message.

On the way home I stopped for gas. Some hippie kid (Josh's little bro?) tried to bum a gallon of gas to get to Balboa Park. Said he was going to Arizona the next day. I asked him if he had any weed. Of course he said yes. Told him he should have bought gas instead and went on my way.

raychavez91

• Leopard
  • moderator's look up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 02:45:54 PM »
"Dumb little fat b*tch" had me actually laughing out loud, great read and fantastic fishing you guys are having...Bin fishing my local bay for the damn skunk, I may need to do a road trip soon

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 03:32:14 PM »
I plan on fishing tonight, destination TBD. I know you guys have your own little group, but if you need another, hit me up.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 07:52:20 PM »
I don't know guys.............you're making us feel a little inferior up here  :-[
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Sticks

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2015, 10:39:07 PM »
It was a great night on the water with all of you. hard being away from home,,,, but to see Dave land that big a$$ Bat WOW that was cool. to bad about the fat chick trying to ruin our night, didn't work out too well for her  :o . She waddled away with her panties in a wad as we laughed. Looking forward to a little more Batting practice soon.

Cheers,
Sticks

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2015, 10:17:08 AM »
Damn that's a sweet sesh. I'm dying over here with 2 skunks in a row.

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2015, 11:53:51 AM »
Nice Bat boys!  8)

Tom must have brought the good mojo that night.  ;D Hopefully, I'll be seeing some action shots of Tom reeling a big bat of his own soon. Get well buddy.
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)