Author Topic: 4/19/19 Good Friday Trifecta  (Read 2599 times)

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
4/19/19 Good Friday Trifecta
« on: April 20, 2019, 05:45:46 AM »
Holy $#!t its been a minute. Wow I'm still pretty amped as I write this! Just had probably the most epic night of sharkin I've ever had! Hit up sk on weds and it was a vegans dream, all the salad you could handle. Decided to give it a day to clear up and started makin plans for Friday night 4/19. Mike was busy so I hit up my buddy Jason and he joined me lil after 9. He went off shore on Thurs and they caught some big Bonita that i told him to bring for bait. 1st couple soaks b4 he showed up I got a ton of eel grass. I was kinda bummed out since my last few surf seshs have been either skunks or super weedy. But I kept at it. Soaked a few Mack chunks and switched to bonita when Jason showed up. 1st cast, 10mins in, with the sushi grade bait and i get a screamer! Holy $#!t bro that was quick. He cleared his line outta the agua and it was on! Definite sharky fight, tell tale herky jerky pulls and tail slaps on the line! After a few hard runs its in the rough shore break and I get a glimpse of it. Soup? Its hard to see with the white wash and foggy misty surf air. This fish is pissed and wont give up, had to time a wave just right to get the tail grab after a quick rod hand off.

Big Fat fired up Female Leo

My buddy's stoked he's only soaked bait with me once b4 and This is the 1st Leo over 2' hes seen in the wild lol

We recast and I can feel it's about to go off real quick so i stay close to the rod. Jason gets bit and reels in a sh!t skate he snagged on his 8/0. As hes unhooking it and tossing it back my rod loads up! Are you serious bro! Yep! She big brah? Yepp! Oh $#!t she jus jumped you see that? Holy phuİk what is that?!?! Sooooooup! No way bro! Yeah buddy! She jumped 4-5 times! So awesome in the full moon light! She ran and pulled like she's done this b4! After she wore herself out a bit I got her close and she ripped back out as I was about to hand the rod off and go for a tail grab. After a few more lil runs she was tired enough to hand the rod off and tail the beast!

69" female soupie

I was beyond stoked I have never caught a Leo and soup in the same night. I was pretty much content with the 2 shark night. I told Jason I wasn't gonna rebait, tide was flipped and started goin out, I said you wanna soak one more b4 we gotta go? He said bro you gotta make one more cast. I jokingly said aight, one more shot for a seven gill! So I chopped off the biggest chunk of Bonita I'd used all night and sent it out to the breakers. 5mins in Jason gets his 1st real bite but it missed the hook. As hes winding his rig in my line goes slack, I thought he had snagged my line but then it goes tight and starts to pull some drag, I grab the rod and feel a steady pull. It's definitely a fish! Holy $#!t I'm on bro! No way dude! Yeah feels like a bat! Then all hell broke loose and this fish storms the beach! Pulling parallel and I run south to catch up but never do.... Wtf?!?!? It's in the wash bout 30yds south of me.  Then goes str8 west and then parallel north. Feels like a bat bro it keeps hunkering down and pulls at will. This goes on for several minutes, it keeps peelin line and flipping around with the shore break. After 5 or 6 mins and atleast 100yds of north - south battling its close. I start to get it into the skinny water and I don't see wing flaps. Wtf?!?!? HOLY $#!T!!! what is it bro? All of a sudden I see spots, my eyes are tryin to focus through the fog, mist, and sweat. No phuİkin waaaaay! SEVENGILL!!!!!!! I'm freaking the phuck out! It's Rollin in the rub leader, thrashing like a pissed off gator, and makes one more run through the shore pound b4 I hand the rod off and drag his big ass outta the wash! Pretty sure they heard me WOOOOOOOOOOOW in TJ I was so stoked. A couple walked up as Jason ran to grab my dehooker and couldn't believe the dinosaur that I was wrestling on the sand! Dude that's huuge! Jason came running back we got him dehooked, photos and sent him back. Needless to say I called it after that as it was pushing midnight and didn't wanna get a parkin ticket and I was wore out, being up for 21+ hrs. Man that's what you call the best good Friday I've ever had!

90' big boy 7!

Rastafar-gone B)<==*~~~

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: 4/19/19 Good Friday Trifecta
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 08:57:05 AM »
Simply amazing Josh, I'm stoked for you.  I had a tough night myself, missed 3 bites and lost another I had on for maybe 30 seconds.  There was one put on the sand..........but I'll let him share   ;)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 10:58:02 AM »
Good Friday?! It was the best Friday for you!! Stoked for you!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 02:23:11 PM »
Killer night. Congrats

Dark_Knight_9C1

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2019, 07:22:33 PM »
Totally unbelievable!! Really stoked for you.  8)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2019, 07:34:12 AM »
Great Friday Rasta!, a great night indeed!

The Surf Shark Slam!!!!!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2019, 10:46:19 AM »
Thanks for dakine words guys!

Great Friday Rasta!, a great night indeed!

The Surf Shark Slam!!!!!

Last night wasnt too shabby... Rept to come. :D some ones not last on the list anymore...  8)

lightline21

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2019, 01:39:51 PM »
Holy $#!t its been a minute. Wow I'm still pretty amped as I write this! Just had probably the most epic night of sharkin I've ever had! Hit up sk on weds and it was a vegans dream, all the salad you could handle. Decided to give it a day to clear up and started makin plans for Friday night 4/19. Mike was busy so I hit up my buddy Jason and he joined me lil after 9. He went off shore on Thurs and they caught some big Bonita that i told him to bring for bait. 1st couple soaks b4 he showed up I got a ton of eel grass. I was kinda bummed out since my last few surf seshs have been either skunks or super weedy. But I kept at it. Soaked a few Mack chunks and switched to bonita when Jason showed up. 1st cast, 10mins in, with the sushi grade bait and i get a screamer! Holy $#!t bro that was quick. He cleared his line outta the agua and it was on! Definite sharky fight, tell tale herky jerky pulls and tail slaps on the line! After a few hard runs its in the rough shore break and I get a glimpse of it. Soup? Its hard to see with the white wash and foggy misty surf air. This fish is pissed and wont give up, had to time a wave just right to get the tail grab after a quick rod hand off.

Big Fat fired up Female Leo

My buddy's stoked he's only soaked bait with me once b4 and This is the 1st Leo over 2' hes seen in the wild lol

We recast and I can feel it's about to go off real quick so i stay close to the rod. Jason gets bit and reels in a sh!t skate he snagged on his 8/0. As hes unhooking it and tossing it back my rod loads up! Are you serious bro! Yep! She big brah? Yepp! Oh $#!t she jus jumped you see that? Holy phuİk what is that?!?! Sooooooup! No way bro! Yeah buddy! She jumped 4-5 times! So awesome in the full moon light! She ran and pulled like she's done this b4! After she wore herself out a bit I got her close and she ripped back out as I was about to hand the rod off and go for a tail grab. After a few more lil runs she was tired enough to hand the rod off and tail the beast!

69" female soupie

I was beyond stoked I have never caught a Leo and soup in the same night. I was pretty much content with the 2 shark night. I told Jason I wasn't gonna rebait, tide was flipped and started goin out, I said you wanna soak one more b4 we gotta go? He said bro you gotta make one more cast. I jokingly said aight, one more shot for a seven gill! So I chopped off the biggest chunk of Bonita I'd used all night and sent it out to the breakers. 5mins in Jason gets his 1st real bite but it missed the hook. As hes winding his rig in my line goes slack, I thought he had snagged my line but then it goes tight and starts to pull some drag, I grab the rod and feel a steady pull. It's definitely a fish! Holy $#!t I'm on bro! No way dude! Yeah feels like a bat! Then all hell broke loose and this fish storms the beach! Pulling parallel and I run south to catch up but never do.... Wtf?!?!? It's in the wash bout 30yds south of me.  Then goes str8 west and then parallel north. Feels like a bat bro it keeps hunkering down and pulls at will. This goes on for several minutes, it keeps peelin line and flipping around with the shore break. After 5 or 6 mins and atleast 100yds of north - south battling its close. I start to get it into the skinny water and I don't see wing flaps. Wtf?!?!? HOLY $#!T!!! what is it bro? All of a sudden I see spots, my eyes are tryin to focus through the fog, mist, and sweat. No phuİkin waaaaay! SEVENGILL!!!!!!! I'm freaking the phuck out! It's Rollin in the rub leader, thrashing like a pissed off gator, and makes one more run through the shore pound b4 I hand the rod off and drag his big ass outta the wash! Pretty sure they heard me WOOOOOOOOOOOW in TJ I was so stoked. A couple walked up as Jason ran to grab my dehooker and couldn't believe the dinosaur that I was wrestling on the sand! Dude that's huuge! Jason came running back we got him dehooked, photos and sent him back. Needless to say I called it after that as it was pushing midnight and didn't wanna get a parkin ticket and I was wore out, being up for 21+ hrs. Man that's what you call the best good Friday I've ever had!

90' big boy 7!

Rastafar-gone B)<==*~~~

Congrats, Josh!

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2019, 10:26:56 AM »
Surf slamma jamma!!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ