Author Topic: The Soup Kitchen Is Open For Business (4/26)  (Read 3562 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
The Soup Kitchen Is Open For Business (4/26)
« on: April 27, 2019, 03:03:22 AM »
Met up with Josh and William to do a little surf fishing for sharks.   William's Rod started the mayhem by screaming out!  He fought it half way in when the hook pulled(which was weird since it was a circle hook).  Super Bummer. At the same time, Joshua hooks up but it unbuttons. UGH!

About an hour later and Joshua was on again.  He preceded to catch the biggest Soupie he's caught to date.  72" Female on fresh Mackerel.

A long weird story occurred in which I've not seen the likes of, but it made the night interesting.  Finally, my rod starts screaming out!  Damn thing felt like a Bat Ray at first until I felt the first slap of the tail.  Boom!  Not as big as the one Joshua got, but a 70" female Soupie on Mackerel made my night.

That was it.  No bites for an hour after that and we called it the night.  First Soupie in a while, so I was stoked.  I almost forgot how much harder than a Sevengill they fight!

Until next tide!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 03:12:51 AM by Latimeria »
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: The Soup Kitchen Is Open For Business (4/26)
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 04:23:27 AM »
Congrats guys, you guys have been on a roll down there.  Looks like me and Josh are playing leap frog   ;D
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 04:48:34 AM by vdisney »
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 12:02:36 PM »
Guess I have to give it a shot tonight. Maybe check out a new spot I’ve been eyeballing.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 12:21:43 PM »
Congrats guys, you guys have been on a roll down there.  Looks like me and Josh are playing leap frog   ;D

I think it's a different Josh?? I could be wrong, thought Tom broke up with Josh and broke his heart. Hahahaha!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 12:22:34 PM »
Sweet sesh, soups have been on the solid size this season. At least for the limited numbers I've caught.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2019, 12:29:53 PM »

I think it's a different Josh?? I could be wrong, thought Tom broke up with Josh and broke his heart. Hahahaha!!
Different Josh, but not far off.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2019, 01:01:54 PM »

Different Josh, but not far off.

You can keep that one I already have one.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2019, 12:04:50 PM »
I think it's a different Josh??

By crackie, correct you are.  I thought it was the Rasta Man, I'm embarrassed but relieved   ;D
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2019, 01:16:33 PM »
I think it's a different Josh??

By crackie, correct you are.  I thought it was the Rasta Man, I'm embarrassed but relieved   ;D

Dont get too comfy 8) jus got back from Phoenix for my lil bros graduation. I'll be out tonight, and tomorrow, and Tues  :P they're bitin, I'll be on the sand til they quit  ;D

Chris

• Leopard
  • Put me in coach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2019, 01:05:09 AM »
Careful who you take out. Just saw someone post josh’s fish with location.....
Keep it tight

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2019, 05:55:37 AM »
Careful who you take out. Just saw someone post josh’s fish with location.....

Well you know HOW I am with spots.  I took them to the Grinner Gathering area (and not even exactly there), but we still caught.  This is a rare occurrence and I well protected any other intel.  If this is true, then it just means I'm going back to Ninja mode.  Less than 2 months before things slow down again.

Thanks for the heads up Chris.

lightline21

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2019, 01:29:55 PM »
Met up with Josh and William to do a little surf fishing for sharks.   William's Rod started the mayhem by screaming out!  He fought it half way in when the hook pulled(which was weird since it was a circle hook).  Super Bummer. At the same time, Joshua hooks up but it unbuttons. UGH!

About an hour later and Joshua was on again.  He preceded to catch the biggest Soupie he's caught to date.  72" Female on fresh Mackerel.

A long weird story occurred in which I've not seen the likes of, but it made the night interesting.  Finally, my rod starts screaming out!  Damn thing felt like a Bat Ray at first until I felt the first slap of the tail.  Boom!  Not as big as the one Joshua got, but a 70" female Soupie on Mackerel made my night.

That was it.  No bites for an hour after that and we called it the night.  First Soupie in a while, so I was stoked.  I almost forgot how much harder than a Sevengill they fight!

Until next tide!

Congrats!