Author Topic: P.S.S.K.R.S.K.L.M.N.O.P.  (Read 2621 times)

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
P.S.S.K.R.S.K.L.M.N.O.P.
« on: April 27, 2019, 12:54:50 PM »
Solo sesh at the witching hour. Fished from 11:30pm to 4:30am. Surf was up just a bit, but current and salad was no issue at all. No critter bite, but plenty in the skinny. It was minefield of round rays, little SNGF, and leos. Lots of little eyes aglow as I scanned the skinny with my headlamp.

First bite came around 1:30am. I was so tired at that point, I was basically catatonic in my chair. Asleep, but eyes wide open. When it hit, it hard! It took me about 5 seconds to register what was going on, but I eventually got up out my chair and grabbed my rod. Very solid fight that eventually lead me about 50yds away from my gear. Once I finally beached her, I had to sprint back to get my dehooker. She taped out at 70" and I only took one picture as she looked totally spent and I didn't to have to harvest her. It took a bit of coaxing but she finally swam away.

Settled back in my comfy chair after peeling away some layers. Got mighty warm from the fight and the sprint. Almost pulled a Josh and stripped down to an UnderArmour skin tight shirt. Thank goodness I don't own one ;) Nothing but love Josh :-*

Final bite came around 3:30am and this one was doozy! Felt like I a big 7gill that decided to fight like a soupfin. Got me down into braid I haven't seen I put it on the reel. I was tempted to button down the drag a little bit more, but I still had plenty of line so didn't want to risk losing to a pulled hook. When I finally got it turned and I was back in the mono, it took another blistering run and I was almost back to where I was in the beginning of the battle. Another run later, I drag up onto the hard pack via my tail rope and let out a giant sigh of relief. This one was touch and go as to whether I'd land it. So far I'm batting a 1.000!! I haven't the opportunities that Tom and Steve have had, so I gotta make 'em count. This big girl ended up being my PB at 74" and she was girthy. I'm guessing she was with child(s).  Took 2 crappy pics and set her free. She w=swam off strong, but still spent the extra 5 minutes or so to scan the skinny and wet sand to make sure she didn't wash up. I also did the same for the first one. Let 'em go, let'em grow.

Bait for the first soup was fist sized chunk of fairly decent Norwegian mackerel from the Asian market and the other was caught on a bonito head (pictured) that I caught last year while I was unemployed. It held up well. I wish I had more as they seem to be keyed in on big baits. Unfortunately, most of my macks that were recently caught, are on the smallish size. Tired.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: P.S.S.K.R.S.K.L.M.N.O.P.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 02:36:30 PM »
Jeez, Mike. 430?

Good fish though.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 02:41:02 PM »
Jeez, Mike. 430?

Good fish though.

I know. I don't have the luxury you guys have of pretty much going when you want. Gotta go when I can. Nobody needs me after 9p... Lol!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 03:15:44 PM »
I fished until 1:00am and I was dead!
Congrats Mike! That Josh comment made me chuckle.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 06:30:23 PM »
Jeez, Mike. 430?

I had to read that twice, I'm normally in bed by 7:30.  WTG Mike, you more that earned those   8)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2019, 10:10:39 AM »
Nice work again Mike! Love the Title , UA shirt made me LOL :-*

I'll be on the sand tonight round 6ish. hopefully get a bait in b4 dark 8)

Chris

• Leopard
  • Put me in coach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2019, 04:11:12 PM »
Your first paragraph made my foot hurt....

Good job mike! Might go late tonight but tomorrow for sure! I want to yak a bigger bait around there but nervous of doing it after dark and running through the skinny to launch and land.
Keep it tight

lightline21

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2019, 01:30:59 PM »
Solo sesh at the witching hour. Fished from 11:30pm to 4:30am. Surf was up just a bit, but current and salad was no issue at all. No critter bite, but plenty in the skinny. It was minefield of round rays, little SNGF, and leos. Lots of little eyes aglow as I scanned the skinny with my headlamp.

First bite came around 1:30am. I was so tired at that point, I was basically catatonic in my chair. Asleep, but eyes wide open. When it hit, it hard! It took me about 5 seconds to register what was going on, but I eventually got up out my chair and grabbed my rod. Very solid fight that eventually lead me about 50yds away from my gear. Once I finally beached her, I had to sprint back to get my dehooker. She taped out at 70" and I only took one picture as she looked totally spent and I didn't to have to harvest her. It took a bit of coaxing but she finally swam away.

Settled back in my comfy chair after peeling away some layers. Got mighty warm from the fight and the sprint. Almost pulled a Josh and stripped down to an UnderArmour skin tight shirt. Thank goodness I don't own one ;) Nothing but love Josh :-*

Final bite came around 3:30am and this one was doozy! Felt like I a big 7gill that decided to fight like a soupfin. Got me down into braid I haven't seen I put it on the reel. I was tempted to button down the drag a little bit more, but I still had plenty of line so didn't want to risk losing to a pulled hook. When I finally got it turned and I was back in the mono, it took another blistering run and I was almost back to where I was in the beginning of the battle. Another run later, I drag up onto the hard pack via my tail rope and let out a giant sigh of relief. This one was touch and go as to whether I'd land it. So far I'm batting a 1.000!! I haven't the opportunities that Tom and Steve have had, so I gotta make 'em count. This big girl ended up being my PB at 74" and she was girthy. I'm guessing she was with child(s).  Took 2 crappy pics and set her free. She w=swam off strong, but still spent the extra 5 minutes or so to scan the skinny and wet sand to make sure she didn't wash up. I also did the same for the first one. Let 'em go, let'em grow.

Bait for the first soup was fist sized chunk of fairly decent Norwegian mackerel from the Asian market and the other was caught on a bonito head (pictured) that I caught last year while I was unemployed. It held up well. I wish I had more as they seem to be keyed in on big baits. Unfortunately, most of my macks that were recently caught, are on the smallish size. Tired.

Sweet, really nice session. Congrats!

itsyaboysears

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2019, 06:17:11 PM »
Rad! Congrats on the nice session.