2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
Re: Ben
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2019, 04:26:57 PM »
If you ever grow a set, let me know, maybe I'll teach you how to catch real sharks  ;D

Chip, does this count?

Double it and then you can start to talk ;D
Anybody have an emergency beer?

itsyaboysears

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2019, 04:43:08 PM »
What do you call a guy who always has something on his shoulder?

You call him Chip

Chris

• Leopard
  • Put me in coach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2019, 06:14:30 PM »
If you ever grow a set, let me know, maybe I'll teach you how to catch real sharks  ;D

Chip, does this count?

I’ll raise

Keep it tight

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2019, 07:54:01 PM »
That spinning reel maker may want to use that in an ad. ;) Nice Ben.

Chris wasn't there talk a while back about tagging 7 gills?

Chris

• Leopard
  • Put me in coach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2019, 09:03:25 PM »
That spinning reel maker may want to use that in an ad. ;) Nice Ben.

Chris wasn't there talk a while back about tagging 7 gills?

It was talk. There was a tag to blanket the surf sharks and sat tags for whites but the whites weren’t approved and then it was deemed not worth the expense
Keep it tight

BenCantrell

• Leopard
  • catch all the species!
    • View Profile
    • Ben Cantrell's fish species blog
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2019, 09:19:42 PM »
I’ll raise

Damn, now that's a shark! Chip must have taught you.  :D

Seriously though, that is an awesome catch.

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2019, 10:00:52 PM »

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2019, 02:20:57 PM »

Chip, does this count?

I’ll raise

What's the matter Ben, not so mouthy or morally self rightous now? What about the rest of the pu$$y hypocrites on this board?

Look, if you want to fool yourselves into thinking you're a bad ass shark fisherman, that's your business. What you catch and post can be a lot of fun on the smaller gear. Just don't criticize the guys that actually are fishing for the big ones. At least when they hook something they have the equipment to end the fight as fast as possible to minimize stress on the fish.

And here's one last thought, if you care so much about the animals and shark fishing, you shouldn't be posing for trophy pictures with them, you should be posting pictures of them swimming away after being released as soon as possible.
Anybody have an emergency beer?

BenCantrell

• Leopard
  • catch all the species!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2019, 02:33:09 PM »
Lol, Jesus. Chip, I don't need to be mouthy. I've been shark fishing for a grand total of 2 years, and I'm perfectly content with what I've caught and with what I've released. My ego isn't so fragile that I need to call other people pussies because they haven't been out intentionally targeting great whites, or jumbo sized sevengills or surf hammerheads or whatever your latest cover story is. ;)

Chris

• Leopard
  • Put me in coach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2019, 04:02:15 PM »
I was waiting for chip to post a fish....

Last i checked Chip doesn’t paddle or slide baits and the last two hammers to hit the sand he wasn’t there for...

I’ll be the first to tell you I’m not targeting whites but I won’t deny catching them. There are bigger fish to be had besides whites. Shorter drops and bigger baits have yielded big 7 gills and whites, longer drops and bigger baits have produced a blue shark, makos, a hammer and of course whites for various people.  If I’m going to fish the beach and the conditions allow I’m going to run a bait out and see what hits. Obviously if it’s a white or black sea bass it’s protected and will be treated as such but you never know what will pick up a bait out there.

Also, contrary to popular belief, they dont fight very hard and the majority are around 6-7ft.
Keep it tight

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2019, 04:22:22 PM »
I was waiting for chip to post a fish....

Last i checked Chip doesn’t paddle or slide baits and the last two hammers to hit the sand he wasn’t there for...

I’ll be the first to tell you I’m not targeting whites but I won’t deny catching them. There are bigger fish to be had besides whites. Shorter drops and bigger baits have yielded big 7 gills and whites, longer drops and bigger baits have produced a blue shark, makos, a hammer and of course whites for various people.  If I’m going to fish the beach and the conditions allow I’m going to run a bait out and see what hits. Obviously if it’s a white or black sea bass it’s protected and will be treated as such but you never know what will pick up a bait out there.

Also, contrary to popular belief, they dont fight very hard and the majority are around 6-7ft.

I'd happily catch all you've listed and not care what anyone else thinks.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

BenCantrell

• Leopard
  • catch all the species!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2019, 04:28:44 PM »

I'm right there with you. Any of those would be the catch of a lifetime.

Chris, you sound like a good dude.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2019, 04:33:50 PM »

I'm right there with you. Any of those would be the catch of a lifetime.

Chris, you sound like a good dude.

He's all right. ;)
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Chris

• Leopard
  • Put me in coach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2019, 04:54:38 PM »
I’m waiting for the day a seal eats a bonito and I have to deal with that ..... lol. As many as I’ve Hooked while drifting macks on the kayak I’m surprised we haven’t hooked one off the beach or pier.
Keep it tight