Author Topic: Daddy-Daughter Day on the Big Bay (6/2)  (Read 2170 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Daddy-Daughter Day on the Big Bay (6/2)
« on: June 04, 2019, 06:31:35 AM »
So, with the R&R Marathon going on, I usually steer clear of the water at all costs since getting stuck in it a long time ago.  My daughter out of the blue says "Can we go fishing tomorrow?" ... well hell yeah!  She's 12 and since she's a pre-teen has not been really wanting to get out fishing with dad as much, so I jumped on the opportunity.

I told her we are getting up at 5:30 and sure enough she woke up and was ready to go!  We drove down to the south bay to escape the craziness and road closures and was on the water in no time.

Hannah's first cast and she gets a bass!  I told her it was the "First cast curse".  LOL

I let her srive the boat and bring us to where we were going to fish.  I taught her how to read the fish finder and we stopped at a few areas when she saw bait in the water.

Unfortunately, she was getting bit on every cast, but losing them and I said she needs to break that curse.  She got a dose of "Sasquatitis" when I was up 15 bass to her one.  LOL

She finally broke the curse and started to rip the bass in just like her dad!

We moved around a bit and I was reeling in a small turd roller when I saw this huge corvina chasing it and trying to eat it!  It spooked and shot away, but we started looking for corvina now!  I hook up on the really light gear and it turns out to be a decent 22" corvina!

(I have some better pics, but it would give away my one little special spots)

We see some action and run over to check it out.  Hannah's first cast and the water just jumps!  She hooks the biggest vina I've seen in a while and was trying to coach her instead of my natural instinct in trying to reel it in for her.  She got it 15 feet from the boat and it unbuttons.  I have to admit, that I liked seeing her bummed that she lost it as she has some competitive fire in her!

We didn't see anymore corvina, so we ran back out to the flats and finished up the morning with some more nice bass.

We saw 3 pods of bottlenose dolphin back in the South Bay which really excited my daughter!  I've never seen dolphin that far back so was pretty shocked, especially when they cruised over to the boat when we weren't moving to check us out.  I told Hannah that I planned that for her to see the dolphin... she said "Yeah, right Dad".

While we were fishing, we ran across a couple of Kooks in a tin tub...

Father and Son....  So funny that I seem to bump into Chris where ever I go.

We called it the morning with 50+ fish and was ready to get home for some lunch.

Well, thanks for reading.  This is one happy Dad to catch some fish with his (not so little) girl on the boat!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Daddy-Daughter Day on the Big Bay (6/2)
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 10:05:49 AM »
Looks like a killer day with Hannah.

I did get up to check for a plan B text.

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 11:50:24 AM »
Damn shes grown alot, im sure you cherished every moment. Glad you guys caught.

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 11:51:19 AM »
Wish we had an SD bay over here.

No other bay in la or oc produce like that place.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 01:50:24 PM »
Looks like a perfect day!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 05:18:24 AM »
Absolutely awesome Tom, I miss fishing with my daughters.  Priceless................
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect