Author Topic: P.S.S.K.L.M.N.O.P. multi-day (05JUN2019)  (Read 2153 times)

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
P.S.S.K.L.M.N.O.P. multi-day (05JUN2019)
« on: June 06, 2019, 11:58:26 AM »
Sunday
I was skunked, but I did hook a soupfin and fought it for a couple of minutes before it veered left and cut me off on some structure. Typical soupie fight and tail-walks. It went quiet the rest of the night for me. It was great to finally fish clean water.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday
I hit it again hoping for redemption. Lots of critter bites all night and got a skunk busting leo in the 40" range to save face. It even coughed up a big octopus which I promptly pinned on my hook. Lots of critter bites on it, but nothing else for the rest of the night.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday
Binh felt the heat Dre was putting on him, so he added an extra day to this weeks surf sesh. Hahahaha!!
I made the location call and he gets there before dark, but he graciously waits for me before he catches anything. I arrive to improved conditions as it was pretty windy Monday night, but still no salad!! YES! I can deal with a skunk, but spending the night reeling in clumps quickly breaks my spirit.

We dealt with some critter bites, but nothing for a while. We enjoyed the light show in the waves and pondered if the red tide was gonna eff things up for us. The grunion barely made a showing too, not looking good. Then Binh gets the bump and slack line. He's on! Was happy to see him hook up after only having one for the year. He needed it. I grab the tail rope and haul it onto the hard pack. A few quick pics and a measurement (64") and off it went.

Not too long after, I get the same bump and slack line. I reel in the slack and come tight. It's always a cool sight to watch it splash around in the surf, even more so with all the bioluminescence in the water. Soupfin are awesome fighters! If only they got as big as 7gills. The best part was watching Binh try bring it up on the beach by hand. He basically questioned my manhood when I tail roped his. So he initially refused to use my tail rope in favor of being a man. It was like watching the Keystone Cops do sandhanding. Hilarious!! Guess who finally came to their senses and got the tail rope...

No measurement taken, but it was thicc and probably in the 70" range. Binh called it not long after that and I stayed another hour for nada. Last night debunked a few things that Binh held as facts and he's also gonna get himself a tail rope  ;)
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: P.S.S.K.L.M.N.O.P. multi-day (05JUN2019)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 12:09:14 PM »
Well, damn....  I have to update the shark list for sure now!

Congrats on #20 Binh and joining in the Tail Rope trend.  LOL
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 03:06:47 PM »
Right on, stoked for both of you.  Went out last nigh, and as usual...........Verne Sucks  0 for 2 
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 04:22:23 PM by vdisney »
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 03:16:00 PM »
Guess Binh is worth watching after all.

Nice fish guys.

itsyaboysears

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 10:05:45 AM »
Very nice guys! Let’s hope this is a sign for us skunks ;)

lightline21

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 10:18:42 PM »
Sunday
I was skunked, but I did hook a soupfin and fought it for a couple of minutes before it veered left and cut me off on some structure. Typical soupie fight and tail-walks. It went quiet the rest of the night for me. It was great to finally fish clean water.

Monday
I hit it again hoping for redemption. Lots of critter bites all night and got a skunk busting leo in the 40" range to save face. It even coughed up a big octopus which I promptly pinned on my hook. Lots of critter bites on it, but nothing else for the rest of the night.

Wednesday
Binh felt the heat Dre was putting on him, so he added an extra day to this weeks surf sesh. Hahahaha!!
I made the location call and he gets there before dark, but he graciously waits for me before he catches anything. I arrive to improved conditions as it was pretty windy Monday night, but still no salad!! YES! I can deal with a skunk, but spending the night reeling in clumps quickly breaks my spirit.

We dealt with some critter bites, but nothing for a while. We enjoyed the light show in the waves and pondered if the red tide was gonna eff things up for us. The grunion barely made a showing too, not looking good. Then Binh gets the bump and slack line. He's on! Was happy to see him hook up after only having one for the year. He needed it. I grab the tail rope and haul it onto the hard pack. A few quick pics and a measurement (64") and off it went.

Not too long after, I get the same bump and slack line. I reel in the slack and come tight. It's always a cool sight to watch it splash around in the surf, even more so with all the bioluminescence in the water. Soupfin are awesome fighters! If only they got as big as 7gills. The best part was watching Binh try bring it up on the beach by hand. He basically questioned my manhood when I tail roped his. So he initially refused to use my tail rope in favor of being a man. It was like watching the Keystone Cops do sandhanding. Hilarious!! Guess who finally came to their senses and got the tail rope...

No measurement taken, but it was thicc and probably in the 70" range. Binh called it not long after that and I stayed another hour for nada. Last night debunked a few things that Binh held as facts and he's also gonna get himself a tail rope  ;)

Sweet report Mike, and those are some really nice fish you put on the sand. Congrats to Binh, on putting a nice Soupie on the sand.