Author Topic: Poo-Poo'd by Poseidon (6/9)  (Read 1723 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Poo-Poo'd by Poseidon (6/9)
« on: June 10, 2019, 06:07:37 AM »
Got the call to head out on a BFT and YFT hunt.  Got the numbers where they have been catching and a plan was set.

My buddy tuned up the motor and we were ready to roll.  Plan was to meet up at the ramp at midnight and fish the dark when we got there.  Start trolling at gray light and look for marks/foamers.  Hit any paddies we come across... typical SoCal offshore planning.

No one at the ramp at midnight...  Beautiful conditions

Had to wake the bait guy up at the barge and loaded up with 2 scoops of 5-6" sardine.

Cruising out in beautiful conditions... lot's of red tide outside the SD inlet.  Boat and wake were glowing like you couldn't believe!

14 miles out and the motor acted like it was starving for gas...  removed fuel filters/bypassing gas lines etc, fo no other effect.

It sounds like the fuel pump is kaput as we checked everything.  Had to limp home with someone squeezing the primer bulb the entire time to get gas to the engine.  My hands/forearms were cramped like a MF'er.

Finally got in around 5:00am.  That was a long ass ride in.  No small gear on board since we were targeting the bigger stuff and I could barely hold a rod after keeping the primer ball filled.

Gave the bait to another guy heading out in hopes the Karma will come back to us at another day and we headed home.  Unfortunately, I had 3 energy drinks in me to stay awake on the trip out so I was tripping on Monsters.  I felt like I wasn't meant to fish this day, so didn't tempt fate and head out again.  Bitter might have been the sense I was feeling at the moment when I pulled into the driveway.  I got home and did yard work (to the best of my ability with cramped hands) until the Monsters wore off and fell asleep for 12 hours straight.

I won't even check the reports since it looked to be like an epic day on the water and I don't like rubbing salt into my own wounds nor torturing myself with what could have been.

Well, thanks for reading...  I currently have my hands full lately with stuff beyond my control, so might be MIA every once in a while.  I'll hopefully get everything straightened out in the next month or so and be back on the road of the righteous.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 07:19:12 AM by Latimeria »
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Poo-Poo'd by Poseidon (6/9)
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 10:07:12 AM »
 I pulled over on the on ramp when I saw your text. That sucks.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 02:13:24 PM »
Damn.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 04:23:53 AM »
I currently have my hands full lately with stuff beyond my control, so might be MIA every once in a while.  I'll hopefully get everything straightened out in the next month or so and be back on the road of the righteous.

Hope everything is okay Tom, bummer about the boat trip.  Brings back memories of your old boat   :(
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect