Author Topic: 6/7/2019...Bats and a Booty Scootin Soupie... late post  (Read 2683 times)

Sharkinthedark II

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
6/7/2019...Bats and a Booty Scootin Soupie... late post
« on: June 10, 2019, 06:34:11 PM »
Had a chance to go out Friday night with a friend and do a little sharking. There was an actual wedding set up on the beach and a park ranger keeping an eye on it. He stepped out of his vehicle and checked our licenses as we walked by. The Bio bloom was  in full effect every time a wave crashed. We were fishing the rising tide and had mackerel for bait.  I got the first bite, a medium sized bat.      https://i.imgur.com/Z6S0uVb.jpg                                                                                     We were visited by a few of the wedding guests who were interested by our glow sticks, and maybe driven away by the New Country that the DJ was playing ::) My friend was next up with a crushing run that put his new gear to test, a Penn 8000 spinner and matching Penn rod. It’s been a while since he’s been on a big fish but he settled in and went toe to toe with it, a huge 53” super fat Bat.                                               https://i.imgur.com/WDF1rs2.jpg.                                                                                                   It it was getting close to 11:00 when I get a nock down and quick take off. Set the hook home and she’s off like a race horse! I can feel it rolling up in the line and then come back unraveled. Reel down on it and I’ve got nothing...I thought she rolled off! :( Line comes tight again and I’m stoked she’s still on! She gets to the end of the line again and I feel it rolling up again! Haven’t had this happen before, this ones got juke moves like a running back! Line goes slack again! >:( Reel like crazy and now she’s foaming up the skinny with her tail. This one pulled all the moves on me (except jumping). Passed the rod to my friend and took her in for some pics. She kept rolling on the sand too, lots of spunk on this little girly  8)  https://i.imgur.com/0MbZNUT.jpg.                                                                            Only 63” but a very muscular fish. Hope the sharks stay around and hope y’all get on em too! Yee Haw ;D

Dark_Knight_9C1

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: 6/7/2019...Bats and a Booty Scootin Soupie... late post
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 07:36:01 PM »
That’s one huge bat ray!
And a hefty Soupfin too 8)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 09:06:52 PM »
Sounds fun.

Chris

• Leopard
  • Put me in coach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 10:50:28 PM »
I can’t see anything .... but sounds legit
Keep it tight

lightline21

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 11:10:27 PM »
Had a chance to go out Friday night with a friend and do a little sharking. There was an actual wedding set up on the beach and a park ranger keeping an eye on it. He stepped out of his vehicle and checked our licenses as we walked by. The Bio bloom was  in full effect every time a wave crashed. We were fishing the rising tide and had mackerel for bait.  I got the first bite, a medium sized bat.      https://i.imgur.com/Z6S0uVb.jpg                                                                                     We were visited by a few of the wedding guests who were interested by our glow sticks, and maybe driven away by the New Country that the DJ was playing ::) My friend was next up with a crushing run that put his new gear to test, a Penn 8000 spinner and matching Penn rod. It’s been a while since he’s been on a big fish but he settled in and went toe to toe with it, a huge 53” super fat Bat.                                               https://i.imgur.com/WDF1rs2.jpg.                                                                                                   It it was getting close to 11:00 when I get a nock down and quick take off. Set the hook home and she’s off like a race horse! I can feel it rolling up in the line and then come back unraveled. Reel down on it and I’ve got nothing...I thought she rolled off! :( Line comes tight again and I’m stoked she’s still on! She gets to the end of the line again and I feel it rolling up again! Haven’t had this happen before, this ones got juke moves like a running back! Line goes slack again! >:( Reel like crazy and now she’s foaming up the skinny with her tail. This one pulled all the moves on me (except jumping). Passed the rod to my friend and took her in for some pics. She kept rolling on the sand too, lots of spunk on this little girly  8)  https://i.imgur.com/0MbZNUT.jpg.                                                                            Only 63” but a very muscular fish. Hope the sharks stay around and hope y’all get on em too! Yee Haw ;D

Sweet report! Congrats, on a successful outing.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 07:29:40 AM »
Sweet sesh!! Except for the big bat...
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 11:53:11 AM »
Great write up Jerry, nice fish too boot.......................
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 12:48:07 PM »
Looks like the list needs to be updated again!  Nice fish Jerry!  8) 8) 8)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2019, 08:32:54 AM »
Nice soupie! You can have all my bats.  ;D
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)