Author Topic: Two whites. Late report.  (Read 6462 times)

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
Re: Two whites. Late report.
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2019, 05:13:38 PM »
Most of the beaches down here are too shallow sloping to be within casting distance, maybe some crazy king tide or dead whale may bring them close, but most of the time they are probably deeper. (hence the need for a yak)

I would love to have someone prove me wrong.
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

lightline21

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2019, 06:01:18 PM »
Most of the beaches down here are too shallow sloping to be within casting distance, maybe some crazy king tide or dead whale may bring them close, but most of the time they are probably deeper. (hence the need for a yak)

I agree one hundred percent with you. However, If ever decide you want to take a drive up to my neck of the woods, you might have a punchers chance.  ;)

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2019, 06:03:50 PM »

I agree one hundred percent with you. However, If ever decide you want to take a drive up to my neck of the woods, you might have a punchers chance.  ;)

Binh is more of a light slapper.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2019, 08:08:41 PM »

those juveniles do come closer than you think.
Wade out to your chest and bomb it out there.
You will be in range.

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2019, 08:09:39 PM »
I just don't believe you can cast to these sharks. If that was the case, we would have seen more of these sharks caught.  ???

It's gonna happen soon! Almost all of the guys on here aren't expecting one, so they're rigged up for the smaller soupfin and 7gills. If you aren't prepared for the big boy, you aren't going to land it. I believe a few of us, including myself, may have hooked into one incidentally and we weren't prepared for it.
Why dont you guys just bump up your wire?

I'vw been fishing 250lb wire since I was spooled twice in the same night in 2017 during a king tide (7'). Convinced I hooked one or 2.
No braid backing?

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2019, 08:51:12 PM »
I just don't believe you can cast to these sharks. If that was the case, we would have seen more of these sharks caught.  ???

It's gonna happen soon! Almost all of the guys on here aren't expecting one, so they're rigged up for the smaller soupfin and 7gills. If you aren't prepared for the big boy, you aren't going to land it. I believe a few of us, including myself, may have hooked into one incidentally and we weren't prepared for it.
Why dont you guys just bump up your wire?

I'vw been fishing 250lb wire since I was spooled twice in the same night in 2017 during a king tide (7'). Convinced I hooked one or 2.
No braid backing?

Absolutely. 100lb braid on my Penn Fathom 40
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Chris

• Leopard
  • Put me in coach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2019, 12:41:53 AM »
I just think they should go away for awhile. There’s actually fish I want to target from shore (land based making it a challenge) and everytime I give it half an effort there’s a white involved.
Keep it tight

lightline21

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2019, 06:13:02 PM »

Binh is more of a light slapper.

Hahaha