Author Topic: Record Amount of Time.... (7/13)  (Read 2224 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Record Amount of Time.... (7/13)
« on: July 15, 2019, 06:16:35 AM »
Record Amount of Time.... trying for one damn fish!

I am not one for being patient on a single fish for more than 5 minutes, but I saw this 8+ pound bass just sitting near the shoreline!  It could have been 10, but I don't really know.  It was just huge!

I cast everything I brought with me (I was on an epic walk around all of the lakes while a baby shower was going on at my house)

I tried everything I had twice for only it to eyeball the baits, but not even interested.  (I'm not a snagger and had no intentions of trying to snag this bass)

45 friggand minutes later and it slowly swims to over where I'm standing and does a side body scrape along the bottom while eyeballing me.  It slowly swam off out of sight. 
I know this bass was a vet and probably has been caught enough times before to be weary, but it literally gave me the bird as it swam off....

45 minutes and I won't do that again, but I had nowhere to be so it really didn't matter.

I sight-casted to at least 3 dozen bass and only managed to fool one.  I got a 14" bass and that was that for the bass.

As I was working my way back to the truck, I saw a tail waving back and forth under a rock.  I had my side cooler with a few old night crawlers in it and dropped it down.  I instantaneously got bit and caught a 1 to a 1.25# catfish.  A little further down and I saw another one!  I did the same and caught a 2 pound model!  I immediately got the attention of some cat fishermen and they ran in and swooped on my spot like a pack of pigeons!

Oh well, it was a great walk and got home just in time for everyone to be gone except for a bunch of leftover booze and food!  Good Times!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.