Author Topic: Ignored all the signs (17JUN2019)  (Read 1708 times)

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
Ignored all the signs (17JUN2019)
« on: June 18, 2019, 01:14:55 PM »
Hit it again last night. Shouldn't have ignored the mass amounts of salad on the sand and in the water or the uptick in surf that was predicted.  It was crap. Line went sideways within seconds of the hitting the water. Good sized surf was breaking 40-50yds out, so I was basically casting into a washing machine. 3way would come back all tangled. Called it after an hour of futility. I did have a cool discovery after making my first cast. Found this large mass of blubber ( I think) or it could be bat ray as Chris suggested that had some teeth marks in it.

It was pretty rank, but I still tried to cut off a chunk to pin on my hook. It was too tough to cut through and I could no longer stand the smell. The smell went to my hands then to my steering wheel. Lol!! Had to do some cleaning last night when I got home. I'll stay home the rest of the week as the surf is predicted get a little larger. Bummer since it's a grunion run too.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 01:16:52 PM by Pinoyfisher »
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Chris

• Leopard
  • Put me in coach!
    • View Profile
Re: Ignored all the signs (17JUN2019)
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 03:19:31 PM »
I said it was a dolphins vagina....

With the conditions looking the way they are it seems it’s a good time to hone our pier skills.
Keep it tight

lightline21

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Ignored all the signs (17JUN2019)
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 04:03:07 PM »
Hit it again last night. Shouldn't have ignored the mass amounts of salad on the sand and in the water or the uptick in surf that was predicted.  It was crap. Line went sideways within seconds of the hitting the water. Good sized surf was breaking 40-50yds out, so I was basically casting into a washing machine. 3way would come back all tangled. Called it after an hour of futility. I did have a cool discovery after making my first cast. Found this large mass of blubber ( I think) or it could be bat ray as Chris suggested that had some teeth marks in it.

It was pretty rank, but I still tried to cut off a chunk to pin on my hook. It was too tough to cut through and I could no longer stand the smell. The smell went to my hands then to my steering wheel. Lol!! Had to do some cleaning last night when I got home. I'll stay home the rest of the week as the surf is predicted get a little larger. Bummer since it's a grunion run too.

:P Nasty!