Author Topic: Solo Tuesday 6/25/19  (Read 1942 times)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Solo Tuesday 6/25/19
« on: June 26, 2019, 10:31:19 AM »
 Tom was out for the evening, so I decided to do the light tackle thing.

Made a decision on a beach to fish. Been doing OK there on the weekends and wanted to try at higher tide.

Well, sh!t, Had to park three blocks away and hike two lifeguard towers down to get away from surf camp and Jr guard camps.

Got a couple bites right away, nothing stuck, felt like dink perch, maybe dink corbina.

Worked the current through a nice hole for about an hour as the tide rose. Got a dink corb and a round ray.

Headed up the beach to another likely looking hole and ended up with three nice fish on back to back to back casts.

The bite died and I headed back to the car. Picked up a dink YFC for the croaker slam on the way. One more and I would have had a double header, but A cold beer was calling my name.

Guess I should have stuck around and fished for the bigger stuff, judging by Mike's kerplunk post.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
Re: Solo Tuesday 6/25/19
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 11:16:11 AM »
Spotfins are fun. Tom should abandon you more often  ;)
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

lightline21

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 11:46:33 AM »
Tom was out for the evening, so I decided to do the light tackle thing.

Made a decision on a beach to fish. Been doing OK there on the weekends and wanted to try at higher tide.

Well, sh!t, Had to park three blocks away and hike two lifeguard towers down to get away from surf camp and Jr guard camps.

Got a couple bites right away, nothing stuck, felt like dink perch, maybe dink corbina.

Worked the current through a nice hole for about an hour as the tide rose. Got a dink corb and a round ray.

Headed up the beach to another likely looking hole and ended up with three nice fish on back to back to back casts.

The bite died and I headed back to the car. Picked up a dink YFC for the croaker slam on the way. One more and I would have had a double header, but A cold beer was calling my name.

Guess I should have stuck around and fished for the bigger stuff, judging by Mike's kerplunk post.

Nice Spotfin!

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 05:08:42 AM »
I'm jealous Steve, a spotfin is on my bucket list...........................
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 05:44:27 AM »
A post from Squatch!?!?!  hahahahaha

Nice spots and croaker Steve!  I can't believe Mike and Andre killed it near you the same night and during the day!  I should be all back to normal next week when my wife gets back from Switzerland.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 10:15:59 AM »
A post from Squatch!?!?!  hahahahaha

Nice spots and croaker Steve!  I can't believe Mike and Andre killed it near you the same night and during the day!  I should be all back to normal next week when my wife gets back from Switzerland.

Didn't want to get chastised. Again.