Author Topic: Poor Man's Pad Tai  (Read 4085 times)

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Poor Man's Pad Tai
« on: July 03, 2019, 02:02:11 PM »
This is my first recipe post so go easy on me.
Since I'm my 3rd case of Ramen noodles now (cheap and fast lunches) I've been trying to find ways to flavor them up different and add a little variety.
I've tried adding Tapatio, pretzels, cheese, and chunks of beef jerky.
Today I went really fancy.  After making the chicken Ramen, I drained off the broth, added chunky peanut butter and Tapatio to make my Poor Man's Pad Tai!
It's actually a lot better than I thought it would be!  :D

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: Poor Man's Pad Tai
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 04:41:00 AM »
Brings back memories of the old "Grey Bar Hotel", haven't ate Ramen since!!    8)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 06:08:57 AM »
That looks like my old days of college cooking when I could turn what we had into something pretty damn good!  I still make some of my old favorites!
I'm not sure if I've ever tried Pad Tai to begin with though.... but I'd eat it.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 06:36:46 AM »
That looks like my old days of college cooking when I could turn what we had into something pretty damn good!  I still make some of my old favorites!
I'm not sure if I've ever tried Pad Tai to begin with though.... but I'd eat it.

What! Get down to King of Thai on Mission gorge get pad thai with seafood and a thai iced tea. Food nirvana.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 06:40:25 AM »

What! Get down to King of Thai on Mission gorge get pad thai with seafood and a thai iced tea. Food nirvana.

Wow, I guess I'm going to have to now! I usually don't hit up the Thai places since it's a little too hot for my taste.  If i actually go, I usually order a 3 as the absolute hottest, but usually stick to 2 and under.  I don't know how the hell people can eat hot/spicy foods.  LOL
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 08:14:17 AM »
King is pretty mild. Sab E Lee in Linda Vista and Santee are heavy handed.