Author Topic: Seems quiet  (Read 5506 times)

Chris

• Leopard
  • Put me in coach!
    • View Profile
Seems quiet
« on: August 12, 2019, 01:04:56 AM »
Doesn’t anyone fish anymore?
Keep it tight

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Seems quiet
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 05:54:07 AM »
Doesn’t anyone fish anymore?

I've been asking myself if I fish anymore.  I've had a crazy summer with little time to fish, but have been posting.  I'm not sure what everyone else is up to.  Usually when Labor Day is over, the forum starts to flood with long rodding again.

I've seen some impressive surf catches lately and have the equipment to handle it... I'm just in no shape to do any yakkin baits or seems like time to do it. 

My boss is out the next two weeks and I have to be here to take over his duties and sign for equipment releases and such.  Soon as I see if there is a day I can see that I could work an early morning then a late shift, it would give me plenty of time to get out and try.  I'll keep you posted.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 06:16:12 AM »
A lot of the guys are fishing but they are not posting here because it's not shark related.  I'd rather see something than nothing.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 07:40:52 AM »
I’m saving up for a guided leopard shark trip.

Chris

• Leopard
  • Put me in coach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 09:28:22 AM »
I love it Steve.

Well I’m fishing Wednesday night if you two want to come take a look
Keep it tight

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2019, 09:54:58 AM »
I love it Steve.

Well I’m fishing Wednesday night if you two want to come take a look

Wife is out of town so maybe. Have to see how my son is.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2019, 09:57:40 AM »
Hmmmm.....   Are you staying local?

SevengillTheVC

• Leopard
  • I don't always catch fish, but when I do....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2019, 10:55:01 AM »
It’s just been really slow. My last outing there was so many people and so much kelp that I just ended up swimming, I did try to hand catch a Leo. Just waiting for the crowds and kelp to die down

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2019, 11:20:50 AM »

You're better than this Squatch. Dude works his butt off for his clients and they catch fish. You have no idea how much BS and Red Tape he had to go through to become a licensed fishing guide and start his own business or the amount of cash he laid out for gear. If you think guided leopard trips are a joke, why don't you ask the ten year old boy that just caught one bigger than he is? The look on that kid's face is priceless and for a lot of people who have no fishing experience, or no experience catching leopard sharks from the surf here in SoCal with limited time a guided trip is well worth the investment. And judging from the number of clients he has, it looks like people and the market place agree that there is a need for such a service.

Why doesn't anybody post here anymore?

Snark is a huge factor. Another is the simple fact that this site is not the best place to learn how to catch sharks, especially the really big ones.

So go ahead and make fun of hard working guys trying to make a living out of helping people enjoy and experience the sport we love. In the meantime, we'll be catching more sharks, bigger sharks, and setting more Land Based Shark Fishing history records here in California.   
Anybody have an emergency beer?

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2019, 11:56:08 AM »
What the hell just happened?  Chip, I'm not sure what is going on here, but I said I would nip things in the bud if someone said something about you.  Why wouldn't you just PM him your displeasure instead of "making sure big brother is watching" in public and then follow it up ripping the P-Soul site again?

You don't have to worry about it anymore since you apparently don't want to be here except for being a pain in everyone's ass.  I don't know what caused all of this, but no one is ripping on anyone that I can tell from this thread.

I give props to everyone and their style of fishing, no matter what the gear.  You on the other hand have hit my last nerve.  Your boys are quality anglers and much respect to them for all of the awesome catches they've made.  You are on the other hand are done here as you do not contribute anything positive to the site except to chime in to start arguments.

Congrats on being the first....

BenCantrell

• Leopard
  • catch all the species!
    • View Profile
    • Ben Cantrell's fish species blog
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2019, 01:40:59 PM »
A lot of the guys are fishing but they are not posting here because it's not shark related.  I'd rather see something than nothing.

Behold the California killifish!  ;D

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2019, 03:54:57 PM »

You're better than this Squatch. Dude works his butt off for his clients and they catch fish. You have no idea how much BS and Red Tape he had to go through to become a licensed fishing guide and start his own business or the amount of cash he laid out for gear. If you think guided leopard trips are a joke, why don't you ask the ten year old boy that just caught one bigger than he is? The look on that kid's face is priceless and for a lot of people who have no fishing experience, or no experience catching leopard sharks from the surf here in SoCal with limited time a guided trip is well worth the investment. And judging from the number of clients he has, it looks like people and the market place agree that there is a need for such a service.

Why doesn't anybody post here anymore?

Snark is a huge factor. Another is the simple fact that this site is not the best place to learn how to catch sharks, especially the really big ones.

So go ahead and make fun of hard working guys trying to make a living out of helping people enjoy and experience the sport we love. In the meantime, we'll be catching more sharks, bigger sharks, and setting more Land Based Shark Fishing history records here in California.   

Way to miss the joke Chip. Not making fun of anyone but myself.

No hurt feelings here, have fun doing what you are doing, I’ll have fun doing what I do.

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2019, 06:54:02 PM »
I'm out all the time but just don't post.
Usually fishing catalina with my buddy for calicos.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 11:49:53 PM by Eric H »

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2019, 08:34:01 PM »
Season has sucked rocks. Figure time is better spent on boat work.

PS Ben how can you see to tie or bait hooks that small. I can barely manage 10

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2019, 05:38:46 AM »
Ben how can you see to tie or bait hooks that small. I can barely manage 10
Young eyes.