Author Topic: Would have been an epic bait run if I brought the long rod (8/11)  (Read 1540 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Jeez... my boat, long rods and most of my fishing gear is just sitting there quiet.  I have a granddaughter on the way and basically more stuff I can handle this summer, so I made myself get up and do some sort of fishing on Sunday morning.

I wasn't sure if I was going to do surf... bay... or a combo of both.  Instead of heading to MB like my original plan, I decided to give TP a shot.  I didn't see many fish, but wow!  Little 12"-13" corbina everywhere!  Mostly on blind casting, but I did get some on sight fishing.  My biggest I got in was 19". 

I had a bigger one (~22") that flopped off the hook at my feet and a receding wave gave that him 2" of water and I tried to grab him, but watched him shoot off the skinny water in lightning speed!  Sportsman's release.
The perch loved the bigger thumb sized crabs.  I caught a handful of them.

Basically, I was catching awesome surf grinner baits!  I was going to keep some, but had nothing to bring them back in.  They would be better fresh anyway, so next long rod trip... fresh corbina....

I caught 20 of these damn things!  I went 6 for 6 at one point!

Great sized baits for sure.

I even got a keychain sized leo that seriously was just born.  It had a damn parasite on it already!  I plucked the fugger off as I've been seeing more and more baby sharks loaded with parasites lately.  Those baby makos Squatch and I were getting last year had them all over their fins.

Well, thanks for reading and hopefully we'll be seeing more bigger game reports here soon. 

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: Would have been an epic bait run if I brought the long rod (8/11)
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 04:36:07 AM »
Simply outstanding session Tom, I'm jealous...............the last two times we were gonna go fishing my dad wouldn't get out of bed 
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
Re: Would have been an epic bait run if I brought the long rod (8/11)
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 01:26:03 PM »
Caught a lot of bait!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)