Author Topic: All Quiet on the VC Front  (Read 2040 times)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
All Quiet on the VC Front
« on: November 25, 2019, 03:22:28 AM »
Fished yesterday and today(11/23, 11/24) for nada.

Day 1 was kelpy in two spots 5 miles apart. However it was a warm evening.

Not so much kelp day 2 but a much cooler evening which I was not prepared for. Suffered with just a rain jacket til 8:30pm.

No bites on ray either day.

Might load up on mackerel this week if they’re around.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: All Quiet on the VC Front
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 04:56:08 AM »
In about a week or so when the tides line up better we're gonna start making some morning runs up that way....................I'll shoot you a text when we're going.  Earlier this year I caught the majority of my sevengills in the morning.  I'm running out of room for mackerel in my freezer, gotta start using it   ;)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 04:31:54 AM »
Swell doesn’t look too great to me through Sunday, hopefully it carves out some fresh holes though. If you do come up message me, down to test the merits of my 7oz Sputniks so long as someone else wants to.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 01:08:11 PM »
Hmm.  I'm debating going tonight myself, but surf is all over the board and usually the grass and kelp follows it.

My favorites are the 7oz sputniks.  I'll use 8oz if it's really big or the bait is really big, but the 7's seem perfect for my applications.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 09:17:32 PM »
Hmm.  I'm debating going tonight myself, but surf is all over the board and usually the grass and kelp follows it.

My favorites are the 7oz sputniks.  I'll use 8oz if it's really big or the bait is really big, but the 7's seem perfect for my applications.

Where do you draw the line with fishable/unfishable conditions as far as swell and surf goes? Might wanna name your forecasting source as well. I wouldn't go past 2ft on MagicSeaweed with a 4oz but I haven't pushed it since upgrading to 7 ounces.