Author Topic: Pain of sculpin/scorpionfish.  (Read 1787 times)

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Pain of sculpin/scorpionfish.
« on: December 11, 2019, 11:36:13 AM »
History has a show on called Kings of Pain where these animal handlers/biologist/bat sheet crazy idiots, whatever your term, deliberately let themselves get bit or stung by animals and rate the pain.

Yeah I know stupid but they went down to Baja and caught a scorpionfish to get stung by and it was one of the worst so far. So you want to see why you handle sculpin with extreme care watch what happens to them.

https://www.history.com/shows/kings-of-pain?newexp=true

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
Re: Pain of sculpin/scorpionfish.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 12:52:31 PM »
Coyote Peterson beat them to it. He was getting stung by wasps, giant desert centipedes, Gila monsters, etc...

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 03:40:05 PM »
Link just gave me a preview of the show, no sculpin sting. I swear I remember somebody on a board a few years ago getting hit and their hand swelling like a balloon. I wanna say it was Latimeria actually but I could be wrong.

Coyote Peterson beat them to it. He was getting stung by wasps, giant desert centipedes, Gila monsters, etc...

I love those videos.

*dying* “oh my god this is making me sweat bullets—-sweating bullets for the bullet ant”

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 04:49:59 PM »
You can on demand it or supposedly watch online. I've seen some of Cody's stuff but everyone is different. They didn't have long effects from the Tarantula Hawk said about 1 minute of hell and it faded. He said the Executioner wasp was the worst but these guys while it was high wasn't as bad as Cody had it.

Worst for them were Harvester ants in quantity. I see lots of possible harvester ants in the IV but they don't mess with me.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2020, 06:03:59 AM »
I've been stung a few times really bad.  I'd rather be hit by a CA Scorpionfish (Sculpin) than a Stonefish though!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.