Author Topic: Santee Shoreline Stalking (12/14)  (Read 4126 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Santee Shoreline Stalking (12/14)
« on: December 15, 2019, 09:29:16 AM »
Well, small craft all weekend made me decide to keep clear of the bay and ocean.  I was going to take my boat out to the lake, but after a long night of drinking, I was just happy to wake up before noon.

I saw that the lakes had a recent stocking so grabbed my small 2# trout outfit and a couple of trout rigs and loaded up the bike.  Maybe I could exercise by riding the bike down to get all of this blah out of me.

Rolled around the lakes to see nothing caught.  I saw a bass totally crash the surface and already had a castmaster tied on.  3 casts later and I snag my first shad I've ever seen out of these mud puddles!

I pitched it right back out and BAM!  The little two pound got rocked!  Big fish!  Fugger jumped and the line snapped.  Probably a 4-5# fish swimming off with my castmaster... ugh...

I tied up a little tube jig/power worm combo and started hard twitching it to try and get a reaction bite... Totally worked like a charm!  First bass was only about 13 inches, but scrappy.  Just as I lipped it on the shore, a cart rolled around.  Long story short, I didn't take a picture.

The bass started to bust more and more as I kept casting.  I finally hooked up again!  And AGAIN!!!!  and lost another....

The second two were respectively really nice bass for 2 pound test.  The first one made for a great shot of the mini jig.

Just as I was ready to go, I get slammed by the bigger model. 

Never saw a trout all day.  Maybe the pelicans ate them all???  But I went 3 for 5 on the bass and pretty decent ones also!  Not a bad way to nurse a hangover, although the pedal home was a bit tough and I was all jelly legs from my "lack of physical activity" style body.  LOL

Thanks for reading!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: Santee Shoreline Stalking (12/14)
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 03:37:06 AM »
A fishing spot within biking distance??  Works for me Tom, glad you caught a few.....
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Re: Santee Shoreline Stalking (12/14)
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2019, 10:52:19 AM »
Fun trip. Pedialyte is a good drink for hangovers, it’s like a ‘roided up Gatorade.