Author Topic: What a difference  (Read 3312 times)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
What a difference
« on: January 08, 2020, 07:10:58 AM »
I haven't put up any reports lately, but it's not for lack of trying.  We made three runs at them in the two weeks prior to the rains around Christmas.  In those three sessions we got bit around a dozen times, hooked up with a few of them and landed one.  The only one put on the sand was by Ron, I never did see a report on it.  It was a 69" female, very pretty fish.  Again........that was prior to the rain.  Since then we've gone another three times, including last night.  In those three sessions we've only managed to get bit once, it's been like day and night.  Three rods out last night for 4 1/2 hours and not even a tickle...........I even went as far as putting out a hunk of fresh yellowfin tuna and the lobsters didn't even touch it.  Thinking I'll transition back to the light rod for a few weeks and start trying again in earnest around February.

Here is Ron's fish.....incoming on mackerel  12/24

« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 05:06:49 PM by vdisney »
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: What a difference
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 09:33:21 AM »
Is that Ron as in Fish Jerk?  Nice Soupie indeed!

Good to see the report come up!  I have to plan the SNBF here soon and might do the Grinner Gathering right after that.

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Fish Jerk

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 10:19:00 AM »
Yep ‘‘twas me. Never got around to posting a report.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 03:46:48 PM »
Nice to see a fresh one on the sand.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 09:22:32 PM »
I'm hoping you find 'em soon so I can start poaching again!

My days off have aligned too perfectly with the largest swells of the week for the past few weeks, so it's nice to get the beat from you. Hopefully things will clear up soon and I'll relay you some shark info next week while you're on the light line grind.

K@1P0

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2020, 09:34:20 PM »
Nice fishy!  Definitely motivates me to pull out the long rods for a soak.  Got a wood chipper for Christmas... time to make some chum and get to sharkin!

I have to plan the SNBF here soon and might do the Grinner Gathering right after that.

Looking to do hoodies this year?  The one I got from 2013 is still kickin and probably one of my best hoodies.  8)

-Kaipo

The pull is the drug... just can’t get enough of it!

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2020, 06:30:11 AM »
I'm hoping you find 'em soon so I can start poaching again! Hopefully things will clear up soon and I'll relay you some shark info next week while you're on the light line grind.

We'll keep in touch   ;)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

BenCantrell

• Leopard
  • catch all the species!
    • View Profile
    • Ben Cantrell's fish species blog
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2020, 10:33:19 AM »
Nice soupfin!  Sounds like a grind.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2020, 06:34:55 AM »
Nice fishy!  Definitely motivates me to pull out the long rods for a soak.  Got a wood chipper for Christmas... time to make some chum and get to sharkin!

I have to plan the SNBF here soon and might do the Grinner Gathering right after that.

Looking to do hoodies this year?  The one I got from 2013 is still kickin and probably one of my best hoodies.  8)

-Kaipo

I lost my printer a few years ago and have not got anyone to print up gear anywhere close in price range/quality ratio.  I'm working on it now, so I'll let you know soon as possible.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.