Author Topic: Chasing Gold (1/18)  (Read 1690 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Chasing Gold (1/18)
« on: January 20, 2020, 08:01:54 AM »
Finally got out hoping to catch some bass and hunt for halibut.  Morning started off wonderful and I was back in my happy place.

I saw tons of birds out there and chased them to just find tons of small dolphin raiding the meat balls of bait.  I was just about to switch up to go with my original plan when I saw some big yellows shooting through the water!  I was throwing the big YoZuri Hydro minnow when all of a sudden, I almost had the rod yanked out of my hand.  It was only a 2 second burst of drag running out when it finally pulled the hook.

I chased those f@ckers the following next few hours before I decided to call it quits and just look for some bass.  Bass fishing wasn't fast and furious, but it was steady action of calico and sand bass. 

I started with a big Sandy.

I caught 14 Calico, but nothing bigger than 14.5".

I moved around and kept a steady amount of bass coming over the rails.  I even got a double header of Sand Bass while having a swimbait hanging over the side while I was fighting one.  Both were grumpy S.O.B's!

I had a party to get too, so I called it quits after a half day.  Considering I went off script to chase yellows that I didn't realize were still around, I had some decent bass fishing.

Thanks for reading!

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Chasing Gold (1/18)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 11:01:28 AM »
Argh.
You finally have some time to get out and now I’m too busy.
Oh well. One of these days the stars will align.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 08:02:04 AM »
I almost had the rod yanked out of my hand.  It was only a 2 second burst of drag running out when it finally pulled the hook.

I chased those f@ckers the following next few hours before I decided to call it quits

That would have kept me going for another few hours myself Tom..........surprised they're still around
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 07:11:58 AM by vdisney »
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 07:18:52 PM »
Exciting stuff, one big grab on the reaction lure and you’re off and away for hours. I know the feeling  ::)