Author Topic: Fun Evening  (Read 2206 times)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Fun Evening
« on: January 27, 2020, 05:10:08 AM »
Took someone yesterday evening for his second shot at getting one, last time we didn't get a bite.  While we were watching our rods, guess who walked up on us?  This guy walking up says "Those are some big fishing rods", I didn't even look up hoping he would just go away.  Then he says "Hi Verne"....Steve (sasquatch) said he may stop by, I was shocked to see him.  Great meeting you in person Steve, thanks for going out of your way to say hi.  We got bit 4 or 5 times and Aaron finally got one to go, pretty sure it was a soupfin.  His rod bounced once then did the full bendo, it took off for Catalina at full speed for about 30 seconds then came unbuttoned.  Later my rod dances and bam...........I'm on.  After about 2 minutes I tell Aaron to take my rod, the whole idea of going was to see him pull on one.  Used a tail rope for the first time, sure takes the 'excitement' out of getting it out of the water.  Did a recount last night, between nephews and a couple friends.........this is the 5th or 6th one I've handed off.  Gotta quit that crap or I'll never climb the ladder.  None the less, it was a "tag teamed" 85" male on mackerel during the incoming.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 09:19:59 AM by vdisney »
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Fun Evening
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 06:03:33 AM »
You are both admirable and honorable for doing the hand off, Verne!  Big props to you!

Congrats on getting some shark action up there finally.  It's been a long dry fall and winter down here, so hopefully things start picking up from here on out!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 06:16:37 AM »
Really enjoyed meeting you, Verne.
Too bad you didn’t get bit while I was there.
It was tricky, but I did find my way home.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 08:32:57 AM »
Hand off to another, very cool ! 8) 8)

BenCantrell

• Leopard
  • catch all the species!
    • View Profile
    • Ben Cantrell's fish species blog
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 08:55:14 AM »
Nice!! That's a big one!

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2020, 01:09:20 PM »
Hand offs are nice, but you gotta start the climb Verne! I wish the surf would lie down here. I'm finally over the flu, time to get crackin'!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2020, 07:35:05 PM »
Glad you found them, especially in the swell that’s around this week. Surf is too high for me but I might try light tackle tomorrow.