Author Topic: 4am Halibut  (Read 3172 times)

Kam_Walsh98

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
4am Halibut
« on: February 13, 2020, 02:30:32 PM »
I've been wanting to get Halibut dialed in for awhile; either from the surf or from my yak. Unfortunately with work and school my fishing windows are usually limited to the nighttime, not the best halibut fishing hours in most cases. Luckily one decided to work around my schedule last weekend and ate a 6.5'' fluke. Does 4am count as really late at night or really early in the morning?

As usual I could not get the photos to upload to this website even after resizing so I attached the link here if anyone wants to see it:

https://kamwalsh.smugmug.com/My-First-Gallery/n-dZKfwC/i-MPFLtZr/A

I also ordered a dozen sputs and I'm ready to do some sharking. I think the next time I go out in the yak this weekend I'm gonna drift a glowstick rig off the stern and see if I can make bait that way; I had a lot of trouble finding Macks from the piers at this time last year and hopefully this should be a better way. I don't want to resort to having to use bullet tuna again because although I know some of you guys have had success with it I personally have zero confidence in that stuff. It's gonna be hard to resist the urge to not send all the Macks back down for another halibut though.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 02:33:07 PM by Kam_Walsh98 »

BenCantrell

• Leopard
  • catch all the species!
    • View Profile
    • Ben Cantrell's fish species blog
Re: 4am Halibut
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 02:54:55 PM »

BenCantrell

• Leopard
  • catch all the species!
    • View Profile
    • Ben Cantrell's fish species blog
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 02:57:44 PM »
After you open your link, right click on it, choose "Copy image address", past that into your thread here, and then add img before it and /img after it, with square brackets around img and /img.

Kam_Walsh98

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 03:18:48 PM »
Awesome thanks Ben!

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 04:09:54 PM »
Nice halibut.

4am is not late at night or early in the morning.  It’s just time to get up and go to work.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2020, 03:56:57 AM »
4am is not late at night or early in the morning.  It’s just time to get up and go to work.

I'm retired, but still get up around 3:30 everyday, old habits are hard to break.  Nice halibut my man, good luck on your sharking adventures
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2020, 06:15:53 AM »
Beautiful Butt!  I can only imagine your face when your are cranking the swimbait along the bottom and it instantly stops dead in it's tracks... Like the second you know it isn't a bass!  LOL

Bravo sir!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Kam_Walsh98

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2020, 10:38:43 AM »
Beautiful Butt!  I can only imagine your face when your are cranking the swimbait along the bottom and it instantly stops dead in it's tracks... Like the second you know it isn't a bass!  LOL

Bravo sir!

I thought it was a big sand bass at first but started to get a little suspicious when it didn't "give" after the first couple runs haha

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2020, 04:22:15 PM »
Night time is my time. Sweet 'but Kam! You're killing it in that yak!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)