Author Topic: SNBF Pre-Fishing (3/3)  (Read 2221 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
SNBF Pre-Fishing (3/3)
« on: March 04, 2020, 06:25:21 AM »
So Squatch and I were going to check out an old faithful spot, but his knee is still bugging him, so we opted for another proven spot that's a little easier to get to. 
Beach was nice and quiet all afternoon-evening.

Steve caught one of the elusive Sea-Pens that I haven't seen in a while (and later found out that it's not as sedentary as I thought)

The Flesh Eating Isopds were also out in full force and thankfully we are booting it rather than bare footing it.  No more bloodied feet for me!

I was getting a lot of smaller bites, but couldn't get them to stick.  I finally stuck one of those bastards!

Been a while since I've gotten a horn shark too.

We called it the night without a single big run.  Steve noticed the Sea-Pen re-rooted itself into the bottom!  How cool is that?!?

Anyway, it's the first bay soaking trip in a while.  It was quite quiet and relaxing compared to the high energy of the surf. 

Thanks for reading and I think we'll have enough peeps around different areas to bring the SNBF trophy home to San Diego this Saturday!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
Re: SNBF Pre-Fishing (3/3)
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 10:18:39 AM »
Bummer no bats, but it's nice to not have a long hike to the car.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 05:12:58 AM »
I've caught a few horn sharks, never looked at their teeth.  Very cool indeed.  I am hoping we can make it out Saturday night, depends on today and tomorrow.  My little sister called in the middle of the night Tuesday in a panic, her septic backed up in her rental.  She has a 40 acre ranch in Paso Robles with a few rentals on it, she has older backhoe but on one to operate it. Thankfully her hoe is a old JD, I owned one for about 12 years so I'm comfortable on it. Hence I've been up here with my dad digging out her tank, hopefully I'll get it out today and have the replacement delivered this afternoon.  It's an old concrete tank and the dividing wall had rotted out. With any luck I'll be headed home tomorrow afternoon after doing the plumbing..........I told her she can push the dirt back herself.
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 05:32:29 AM »
I've caught a few horn sharks, never looked at their teeth.  Very cool indeed.  I am hoping we can make it out Saturday night, depends on today and tomorrow.  My little sister called in the middle of the night Tuesday in a panic, her septic backed up in her rental.  She has a 40 acre ranch in Paso Robles with a few rentals on it, she has older backhoe but on one to operate it. Thankfully her hoe is a old JD, I owned one for about 12 years so I'm comfortable on it. Hence I've been up here with my dad digging out her tank, hopefully I'll get it out today and have the replacement delivered this afternoon.  It's an old concrete tank and the dividing wall had rotted out. With any luck I'll be headed home tomorrow afternoon after doing the plumbing..........I told her she can push the dirt back herself.

Good luck with everything Verne.  I hope you can get a little time in for the Bat Fight, but that's much more important.

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

BenCantrell

• Leopard
  • catch all the species!
    • View Profile
    • Ben Cantrell's fish species blog
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 06:29:34 AM »
Horn shark!

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2020, 07:27:37 AM »
Cool horn, Tom, but don’t get your hopes up on that trophy.....

That’s a big ol clusterf@ck, Verne, it’s good you had the know-how to get it under control.