Author Topic: Final Harvest Trip before Ramp Closures  (Read 1940 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Final Harvest Trip before Ramp Closures
« on: March 25, 2020, 10:41:46 AM »
I'm working remotely from home the last week and a half and got out mid week before any closures happened.  I needed the space as working side by side at the same work station with my wife has been leaving me a bit cramped.

Quick run to get as much meat as possible.  Boat ran great, but bilge pumps not working so I stayed close to home.

Tough pick of fish, but i slowly worked my way to 15 keepers.

I started with a big Butterlip Perch!  I don't usually get black perch out here, but it was a biggy!

I used the 12# Rainshadow Immortal rod and just had a blast with everything hooked.
Nothing really big, but lots of smedium to mediums.

Actually first 4 drops were small sheepshead, so i moved off a bit to let them be.

This one had a deformed face.

Lots of boats out there, but I stayed far away!

A good variety.

I let go 5 bass, but caught a few good ones.

I got back early and cleaned the boat and fish.  My freezer is fully stocked and now will have to wait until this all blows over before I can get the boat out again.... Oh well.

Time to make all the necessary repairs i guess now.

Thanks for reading!

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Final Harvest Trip before Ramp Closures
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 06:33:44 PM »
Was going to mention I’m off all next week for no particular reason. Stupid ramp closure.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Re: Final Harvest Trip before Ramp Closures
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 09:53:15 PM »
Last pic is a nice Last Supper-esque scene. Good meat gathering sesh.

I did a quick scan of the web on SB harbor ramp closure, then an SD ramp closure search for reference, to no results on current closures. Are they posting that info online or did someone at the ramp alert you to the closures? I don't wanna show up anywhere, any time in the near future, to be turned away.