Author Topic: Broke Out of Solitary 4/17/2020  (Read 1792 times)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Broke Out of Solitary 4/17/2020
« on: April 17, 2020, 09:43:34 AM »
 Couldn’t stay home all day again. 2 of the last 3 weeks off work and can’t do anything fun. What a drag.
 Decided to hit the road to follow up on some info that there are open beaches to the north. Or south to some of you guys.
 Hit the 5 with a general destination in mind, but nothing specific.

Found a great new use for surfers as a guy pulled on the freeway in front of me with a board on the rack. Slid in behind him and followed to an open beach. Parking was closed, he parked in a strip mall lot. I cruised around checking things out and found some street parking.

Hoofed it to the beach. Murky water, shore pound, cobble piled with gravel between, piles of brush at the high tide line. Didn’t look good.

Didn’t feel good either. Gravel hurt to stand on. Waves knocked cobbles into my toes and ankles.

Fished 30 minutes. No bites, so I split. Might go back tomorrow with the little long rod and soak some squid strips. Then I can wear sandals and stay out of the ankle knockers.

It was nice to get my feet wet.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Broke Out of Solitary 4/17/2020
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 05:12:18 PM »
I've been busy between work and getting things done at home that I've been putting off for years.  My Natural History Room and Garage are all set and looking great though!

Glad you got out.  I'm not sure when I'm going to slip out.  Possibly next week, but Mendy already threatened me that she's not pitching in for the slight chance I get popped with a $1,000 ticket.  I can't afford that especially now, so just staying close by.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 02:05:23 PM »
Contemplated taking a road trip for an open beach. Gonna have to do some research.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 03:17:31 AM »
Found a great new use for surfers as a guy pulled on the freeway in front of me with a board on the rack. Slid in behind him and followed to an open beach.

Thank God he wasn't headed to Mavericks!!!    ;D
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect