Author Topic: Family Day on the Big Bay (5/5)  (Read 1345 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Family Day on the Big Bay (5/5)
« on: May 09, 2020, 03:54:07 PM »
Due to the heat and cancelled vacations, my wife wanted a family day out on the boat.  We've been staying strong here not seeing any family or friends except on video chats and even when I go into work, I'm one of the employees who keep excessive measures to avoid contact unless it is needed.  With this, a family day on the bay seemed very prudent.

I brought the fishing gear, but it was going to be mostly a bay cruise.  I bought my daughter a new rod/reel combo for Christmas and really wanted her to use it.  She gets a lot of wind knots and twisted line with spinning reels, so I got her a pretty high quality spin cast reel since she likes lure fishing.  Boy, she was en fuego on the bass!

Like a summer morning!

Broke in the new rod.

We saw a bunch of dolphin south of the bridge which is not very common, or at least I don't remember very many over the last 25 years of fishing the big bay.  Lot's of brown poo water north of the bridge, but pretty clean to the south.

We cruised around where the rich people lived.

The guy in the right bottom corner is hooked up!

We finally did some fishing and got onto a pretty hot bite of decent spotties!

My daughter wanted a dozen and made that happen in no time!

I had to keep up...

It was funny watching her teach my wife how to fish, hahaha

Fish for everyone!

We kept drifting our way to the dock and started to motor home.  While getting to the ramp, we noticed dolphin all the way to the buoy line of the Sweetwater River!  Holy crappola!

Right next ti the 5!!!

Well, it was a fun day on the water with the household.  I'm sure we'll be doing it again soon.

Thanks for reading!

You can't catch them from your computer chair.