Author Topic: Taking it Seriously (5/8)  (Read 1941 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Taking it Seriously (5/8)
« on: May 09, 2020, 04:21:52 PM »
I told my boss that I was coming in on Saturday, but taking the day off on Friday to fish.  He said take Friday morning off, but finish up the protocol in the afternoon when you get home to the house office.  Will do.  I was stoked because this was my first trip in the ocean in 2 months!  (Sorry to Squatch and anyone else, but until I get a quality titre check or we come up with a vaccine soon, I'm limiting it my household on the boat...  With my 5(+) times with pneumonia and the bad case of Valley Fever, my lungs are ripe to get flooded and drown)

Post lock-down trailer spacing.

Funny, there were tons of strokers out there, only single vessel strokers... meaning there was a TON of strokers out there!

Then a text came in from my wife that the water heater died...  Gee, thanks hon for letting me know right now and not when I get home....  Then another one comes in 10 minutes later that my daughter lost her job....  What a way to try to ruin my first trip on the ocean in months.  I tried to suppress it, but it kept creeping back when the fishing was slow.

My first stop was very slow, but after putting around a bit, I got them and spot locked their ass!

I picked up a good dozen bass and really nice quality ones!  The MC Viego was on fire!

Toad of the day!

The water didn't look too bad, so I thought I should go and get my limit of rockfish.  Was that a mistake!  Leaving biting fish to find more fish is never a good thing.

Water turned the most disgusting brown I've ever seen!  Miles and MILES of it!  I ran out to 270 of water and it was everywhere!

I lost my rig, boat smelled foul, the water bucket I picked up water in started to precipitate out of solution....

I went all the way up to Delmar and could not find clean water.  Little fingers of cleaner water between the mud and found bass in the cleaner water!

Lot's more sand bass up here.  Big ones too!

I ended up with only 6 rockfish and a rattler while trying for them.  They were spitting up live crabs too!

This was the "Cleaner Water".

The crap kept settling out of the water.  So foul.....

Sun started to break through and I was jumping from clean water to clean water wherever I could find it.
Turd Roller grounds were filled.

The one that got me was my smallest calico actually wedged the jig in it's mouth and wasn't even hooked.  I could barely get the jig out it was so tight in there!

CPR a rattlesnake and called it the day.  Lots of really quality bass from 13"-20+", but little in the way of rockfish.  Still a great day to get out.

Thanks for reading....

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Taking it Seriously (5/8)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 04:59:53 PM »
Well, that looks fun.

Good luck with everything.

BenCantrell

• Leopard
  • catch all the species!
    • View Profile
    • Ben Cantrell's fish species blog
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 10:20:27 AM »
Nice job on the bass Tom! That water is some gross stuff.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 02:58:07 AM »
Hope everything works out at home Tom.........................
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 06:38:04 AM »
Thank for sharing, I hope this red tide goes away soon.
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 08:13:34 AM »
Glad you got the boat wet , hope to put the Ass Rack in the water soon as well.