Author Topic: Friggand Amazon...  (Read 1482 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Friggand Amazon...
« on: May 30, 2020, 11:24:59 AM »
Not sure if it was damaged before or after delivery.  They only had one left and it was almost $50 less then the going price anywhere else.

Box was squished.  Never in a rod tube.  Found damage.

Only looks to be the top coat, as I put a ton of pressure on it and it seems to hold up fine.  I'm thinking they shipped it like that as why I got such a great deal on it. 

Oh well...  They don't have anyone that knows anything about it and they really don't care.  I'm thinking I should just realize that's why it was such a good deal and it still works properly.

Well, time will tell I guess.  I'll probably forget all about it with the first tuna that gets reeled in on it.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Friggand Amazon...
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 04:02:16 PM »
Send that back for a refund.

I wouldn’t trust that even if you put a good bend in it to test it. That’s not the same as getting slammed on the troll and flexing back and forth for 15 minutes as you fight the fish.

If that thing snaps in your face it will hurt.

There are other deals out there.

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
Re: Friggand Amazon...
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 05:44:31 AM »
If it’s a name brand rod, return it to the manufacturer for repair or replacement. Should have a limited warranty on it. Some local tackle shops are authorized dealers and will replace the rod on the spot.
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)