Author Topic: Popped my cherry  (Read 3505 times)

Greenshark

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
Popped my cherry
« on: July 01, 2020, 02:15:45 PM »
First post here and first real shark! Hit the sand about 4pm a couple nights ago about an hour before high tide. Caught some bait pretty quick (yfc) and put em on the big rod and sent em out. No takers for the first couple hours then i went to reel in my bait when i see a big bounce, slack, then screamer ran over to set the hook tightened the drag but hooked pulled after a few seconds. Sent out more and waited another few hours for a bite. Tide had pushed out quite a bit and i needed to reset my bait but didn’t want to wade it out again. So i just sent it from ankle deep water walked back to the rod holder and reeled in my slack when i finished reeling i felt a bump, oh no kelp already but it bumped again and then took off. Took me for quite the walk down the beach maybe 150 yards saw it finning but thought it was just a huge leo got it in a little closer and boom! My first soupfin!!! made all the cold nights worth it! Taped at 69” can’t wait to get on some more if they decide to stick around for a few more weeks 🤞(can’t seem to get my pictures uploaded from my phone any tips would be appreciated!)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Popped my cherry
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 04:33:15 PM »
Congrats on your fish.

I can’t do pics straight from my phone. I use the imgur app and upload from my phone then post from a desktop to access the pictures. Might be another way, but this is how I do it.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 08:13:44 PM »
First post here and first real shark! Hit the sand about 4pm a couple nights ago about an hour before high tide. Caught some bait pretty quick (yfc) and put em on the big rod and sent em out. No takers for the first couple hours then i went to reel in my bait when i see a big bounce, slack, then screamer ran over to set the hook tightened the drag but hooked pulled after a few seconds. Sent out more and waited another few hours for a bite. Tide had pushed out quite a bit and i needed to reset my bait but didn’t want to wade it out again. So i just sent it from ankle deep water walked back to the rod holder and reeled in my slack when i finished reeling i felt a bump, oh no kelp already but it bumped again and then took off. Took me for quite the walk down the beach maybe 150 yards saw it finning but thought it was just a huge leo got it in a little closer and boom! My first soupfin!!! made all the cold nights worth it! Taped at 69” can’t wait to get on some more if they decide to stick around for a few more weeks 🤞(can’t seem to get my pictures uploaded from my phone any tips would be appreciated!)

First off, congrats on the soupfin!  69 is a beauty!

Do you have Google Photos or some Apple App that you can copy and paste a link from the picture in the forum?  I'll have to get your name up on the shark list!   Congrats again!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Greenshark

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 09:40:46 PM »
https://photos.app.goo.gl/8syTBuJDDvupaNQdA
Got the link but still not the pictures hahaha

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 03:23:12 AM »
Nice soupie, many congrats on your first.............hopefully they'll stick around for a while   :)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

BenCantrell

• Leopard
  • catch all the species!
    • View Profile
    • Ben Cantrell's fish species blog
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 07:13:47 AM »

Greenshark

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 10:25:37 AM »
Thanks ben!!

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 10:48:27 AM »
Saw the pic on PCBT Instagram.

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2020, 11:29:37 AM »
Congrats!!  8)

lightline21

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2020, 07:51:49 PM »

Congrats! nice soupfin!

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2020, 08:40:22 PM »
Congrats on the 1st. Looks like a SD soupie, based on all of the parasites on its fins.
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2020, 08:28:12 AM »
http://prehistoricsoul.com/

Front cover!  Congrats on that beauty!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.