Author Topic: Church of Salty Feet (7/31)  (Read 1956 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Church of Salty Feet (7/31)
« on: August 04, 2020, 05:28:59 AM »
6-7 second swells and NW or SW winds suck and I didn't want to get any more beat up then I am so I decided to check out the surf instead of taking the boat out.

I probably should have went north, but detoured south instead.  Tons of Croaker Strokers and lack of crabs made for tough fishing until I found some crabs and then fishing was pretty good.

Caught the 2/2/2 model

2 small corbina..

2 small YFC

and 2 really small perch that were literally the size of my palm.  I didn't risk dunking my phone for those pics.

On the way back, I see a seagull behind a rock acting all weird.  As I got closer, I realized it wasn't a rock, but some sort of sea dog.

It's face was bloated over and it had some cookie cutter shark holes in it.  Not exactly sure since all of the other things like ears, nose mouth and eyes as well as flippers were actually gone somehow.

In any case, crab, gull and shark food!

Got home and was pretty happy that I still didn't need to clean the boat.  Good way to spend the morning although the water was pretty chilly and my feet were going numb.  lol
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: Church of Salty Feet (7/31)
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 04:14:05 AM »
That's six more than we caught yesterday Tom, it was not a good day for us at all.  I turned around to see my dad laying in the sand with water washing around him.......helped him up and looked around for his rod and reel, found it and we were headed home at 7:30   :'(
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 06:51:29 AM »
That's six more than we caught yesterday Tom, it was not a good day for us at all.  I turned around to see my dad laying in the sand with water washing around him.......helped him up and looked around for his rod and reel, found it and we were headed home at 7:30   :'(

Yikes! Is he okay? Scary stuff actually!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 08:41:27 AM »
Yikes! Is he okay? Scary stuff actually!

He's fine, just embarrassed.  He has a habit of getting close to the water to cast, and when he was backing up he fell over onto soft sand.  The reel on the other hand didn't fare so well.  Ain't but a thing, we're going again tomorrow   :)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 08:43:19 AM by vdisney »
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 10:34:10 AM »
Wow Verne, that’s a little scary. Glad he is doing well and headed back out.

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 08:40:33 PM »
I turned around to see my dad laying in the sand with water washing around him.......helped him up and looked around for his rod and reel, found it and we were headed home at 7:30   :'(

Glad to hear your Dad is ok :o
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)