Author Topic: For Real This Time 8/4/2020  (Read 1839 times)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
For Real This Time 8/4/2020
« on: August 05, 2020, 06:08:00 PM »
 Hey, it's a Tuesday night fishing report.

Been a long time.

After the epic leo session of last week, the seed was planted to get back out more often.

I got to the beach earlier than I intended and it was thick with people. Took my time gearing up, upgraded my parking spot, and by the time I got my rod in the spike everyone was gone. Except for those last two surfers that stuck around until it was too dark to even see them.

No matter, at least I was out on the sand.

Test cast came back looking good weed wise. Sweet.

Baited up and sent one out. Five minutes later I'm on. Maybe. Could have been weeds, could have been a fish. Then I got a round of applause and some splashes in the skinny.

Small male bat. I'm on the board. On my first cast. Might as well pack it in. Tom was due to arrive soon, so I stayed with low expectations for my night.

Tom showed up, picked his spot and proceeded to haul in clumps of weeds. I had a few at the same time.

I decided to throw to a different area, Tom decided to wait a few before the next cast. Both tactics seemed to pay off as weeds became less of an issue.

Lots of chewed baits but nothing really going on until Tom shouts at me my rod was bit. I wasn't watching and didn't see it, but since my glow stick was on the other side I decided to check it. Line came tight and lo and behold there was somebody home.

Best shovel I've caught in awhile.

That was pretty much all the action for the night except for a visit from law enforcement. Mike, if you are out there, they are asking about you. Heads up.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: For Real This Time 8/4/2020
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 02:53:01 AM »
That was pretty much all the action for the night except for a visit from law enforcement. Mike, if you are out there, they are asking about you. Heads up.

;D
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

BenCantrell

• Leopard
  • catch all the species!
    • View Profile
    • Ben Cantrell's fish species blog
Re: For Real This Time 8/4/2020
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 07:44:10 AM »
Big ole guitarfish!

Tim524

• Soupfin