Author Topic: Froze on Tuesday (8/25)  (Read 1611 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Froze on Tuesday (8/25)
« on: August 26, 2020, 05:55:45 AM »
Squatch and I hit up the beach even though tides weren't ideal because, well it's Tuesday!  Lots of critter bites in the beginning, so things looked promising.

Minimal weeds

Small Surf

Windy considering it was dark and didn't lay down too much.

Dropping Tide

My phone started beeping, so I grabbed it and looked to see who the hell was texting me 8 messages in machine gun fashion when my rod doubles over and the clicker starts screaming out! 

I guess it's been so long since I've heard a run like this, I froze for a second before regaining my motor function!  I grab the rod and he's on, but feel a weird bump in the line.  Then everything goes slack, but I can feel a tiny bit of resistance at the end and think he's bum rushing the beach.  I crank in as fast as I can to see my steel leader all freyed and bent where it was in the mouth, but lost the sputnik and a foot of the sinker leader!  I'm guessing the shark drug it into some reef or possibly wrapped it on his tail.  In either case, another Sputnik gone and no shark for the list.

That started the quiet hour as nothing bit at the slack bottom of the tide besides hoards of hungry 'pods that poured out of my mackerel head like liquid death.

It was a good night out and caught up with Squatch, so all was good.  This summertime sharking has never been easy and I'm ready for the fall!

Thanks for reading!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Froze on Tuesday (8/25)
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 06:38:10 AM »
At least you had some excitement, bummer on losing a setup. Shark or no shark, you got to hang with Steve, that's always a plus 8)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 10:05:02 AM »
You got out and you got bit, that's more than we can say lately   >:(
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

SevengillTheVC

• Leopard
  • I don't always catch fish, but when I do....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 10:40:07 AM »
October and November can't come soon enough. I hate losing sputniks :(.