Author Topic: Shoreline Bonito Run (8/29)  (Read 1483 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Shoreline Bonito Run (8/29)
« on: August 30, 2020, 07:39:57 AM »
My buddy Dave saw a bunch of fast running bonito in the bay on Thursday so I ran down yesterday to see if I couldn't pick a few up for shark bait.  I didn't take the boat out because I was thinking things would be a little nuts down there and my shoulder is deteriorating pretty bad.  No need to make it happen faster.

Good incoming top of the tide.... Clean warm water with only occasional grass floating by.... 

Impossible to see any fish with a line of constant boats for 2 hours rolling by all nuts to butts!  WTF???  It was crazy to see the amount of boat traffic running to the bait receivers and then all the paddle boarders.  It was almost impossible to get any casts in trying to find open spots to fish!  I couldn't take it anymore and made a move to another part of the inlet.  i saw boats that went into Quivera an hour earlier only start to come out so there was like an hour wait at one point.

I fished plastics and irons in about a half dozen spots for nothing.  I got slammed on the swimmy, but it was something with some teeth since the hit was ripping fast and short.  Only came back with a single chunk of  plastic on the lead head.

I called it quits and ran over to the Royal Rooster for some breakfast at 8:30 and they were closed until 9:00 or 10:00???  Total crap...  I just ran home and worked a little around the house after that. That was it....  I guess this was a "Nothing to see here folks" type of report....
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: Shoreline Bonito Run (8/29)
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 09:59:48 AM »
Sounds like our last few trips on the sand.....less the boat traffic   :(
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect