Author Topic: Cool Find  (Read 3587 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Cool Find
« on: September 16, 2020, 06:43:58 AM »
Found some old steel traps and thought they would make good decorations for my new western bar I'm building. 

I have a friend out east who traps so tried to get some info from him.  One looks to be an old Oneida trap and the other a Victor (who bought Oneida in 1925).  They still work, but the Victor trap is much lighter built then the older Oneida which is solid as hell still.

Oneida

Victor

So I sent Andy the pictures of what animals these traps were usually used for....

And he came back with the shameful response....  Those little guys look like gopher traps.   

hahahaha, well, I realized they weren't bobcat traps, but wasn't expecting to hear old ground rat traps.

Anyway, still a cool find and will look good hanging by the bar.  I'll just have to spruce up the history behind them though... hahahaha
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Cool Find
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 04:58:48 PM »
Those are very cool 8) I found some a few years ago after we finished the patio at a yard sale. I think mine went thru a fire, they are old but I started to decorate and it becomes an obsession ;D

It's amazing what we find sometimes 8)

Meat grinders were my first interest when I went to Will's wedding in Arizona back in 2015 ;D

Have fun decorating, Tom......Hope I didn't jack your thread :-[

« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 08:08:16 PM by Tim524 »

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 05:27:12 PM »
Unfortunately, my wife overruled some of my plans, so everything will have to be in moderation.  Dude is still probably 2 weeks out from completion. Hopefully only one week, but I'm just being realistic. I saved a lot of money using him, but stuck on his schedule. Well worth the trade off.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 08:11:57 PM »
I collected some stuff and had some from after the 2003 fires, things go up slowly but I'm sure you will do a great job on the display, looking forward to see your finished product :)