Author Topic: Hey! Look! A Tuesday Report! 10/13/2020  (Read 2393 times)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Hey! Look! A Tuesday Report! 10/13/2020
« on: October 14, 2020, 06:08:39 AM »
 Check it out. Tom and I actually hit the sand.

Checked a couple spots. First was weedy and had pretty high surf. Second looked like just the ticket.

Watched a killer sunset as the crowds cleared but soon had the beach to ourselves. For a little while at least.

Not a whole lot of action, bait stealers were out, but not too bad for me. Guess Tom had more than I did.

Good to be out. Tom spotted a huge red fireball shoot across the sky as I was staring into space in the opposite direction.

Got a nice hit on about my fourth bait. Grabbed the rod and it took off for the other side of the world. Definitely the right kind. Sweet.

Finally got it turned and headed my way, then, stalemate. It wouldn't come any farther. I couldn't feel it anymore either. Great, stuck on the reef.

Gave it some loose drag and it swam free. A short while later and Tom went in for the grab. One armed. His shoulder is all jacked up. Thankfully he slipped the tail rope on and it was game over.

That was it for the night. The rest of my baits sat untouched. Tom got a few hits but only managed a bass or two.

Measured out at 72 on the dot. Fresh jetty mack did the trick on a dropping tide. Moon was down, but it looked like a crescent this morning. Nice female soupie to break my slump.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Hey! Look! A Tuesday Report! 10/13/2020
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 08:44:43 AM »
It felt good to get out on a Tuesday again!  Nice catch Steve and glad you got him in!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 10:04:21 AM »
Tuesdays are normal again, Congrats on a nice catch !

SevengillTheVC

• Leopard
  • I don't always catch fish, but when I do....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 12:26:19 PM »
This is not normal, Squatch never writes the reports! Nice soupie, still a species that eludes me  :'(.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 03:37:34 PM »
This is not normal, Squatch never writes the reports! Nice soupie, still a species that eludes me  :'(.

I write the reports when I catch more fish. That is not normal.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2020, 03:16:04 AM »
So stoked for you Steve, the fish have been too few and too far in between.  We're gonna give it a go Friday evening, going to see how my dad does in the dark   ::)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect