Author Topic: Might need some Ghost Shrimp  (Read 1495 times)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Might need some Ghost Shrimp
« on: November 14, 2020, 02:21:17 PM »
I think I'm gonna hop on the Old Glory for a weeknight overnighter next week, so I figured I could get to SD bay from VC early and look for some new species in the bay during the day, leading up to the boat's departure. Between the bonefish, corvina, and the motley crew of little critters that Ben has found in the back bay/river mouths, I figure one of my best bets would be to sit back and soak some ghost shrimp somewhere in the back bay. Might try the micro fishing as well, along with the topwater after sunset. Hopefully all that will tucker me out for the bunk ride to the pelagic grounds.

Anybody know where I could buy some decent ghost shrimp in? Fortunately I'm covering a lot of ground as I head down the 405 so I have options on which shop to hit.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Might need some Ghost Shrimp
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 02:26:47 PM »
Pacific coast bait and tackle usually has cured ghost shrimp. Never tried them. You could pick up some blood worms as a consolation prize.
Maybe seaforth boat rentals in mission bay? Not the landing, west of it.

Think there is a place in seal beach. Big Fish tackle?

That’s all I got.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 04:02:36 PM »
Seaforth Landing Bait and Tackle used to have a big tank full of ghost shrimp for sale.  That was like 2 years ago the last time I was in there, so I'm not sure if they still have the tank or not.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 04:38:47 PM »
Seaforth Landing Bait and Tackle used to have a big tank full of ghost shrimp for sale.  That was like 2 years ago the last time I was in there, so I'm not sure if they still have the tank or not.

Just called and they still have the live ones. I'll do that and maybe grab some bloodworms for backup.

Heading down tomorrow morning. Currently 11 people boarding the Old Glory tomorrow evening. Hopefully it stays that way!